PDA

View Full Version : Favourites?

pcdee
30-11-11, 18:19
Hello all

As I cant set this box up like my DM box, is there anyway I can put channels on 'Favourites'?

Thanks

mcquaim
30-11-11, 21:01
Hi there,

Yes, this is possible alright! You can add channels to favourite groups FAV1-FAV8 in the favourites lists option just below channel manager. In this menu you will see each channel and to the right numbers 1 to 8. To add a channel to group FAV1 press the 1 key while that channel is highlighted and you will see a tick mark beside it.

At the minute you cannot change the group names to anything other than the default FAV1-8. A channel editor is currently being developed so this will be a possibility when that comes out.

To view your favourite groups while watchin tv press the ok/enter button and then the green button and the fav lists 1-8 appear. Select with ok the one you want to list the channels in that group!

Hope this helps until the channel editor comes out.

Cheers,
mcquaim

pcdee
03-12-11, 13:55
Nice one, sorted!!

jamesybhoy
13-12-11, 02:59
Hi there,

Yes, this is possible alright! You can add channels to favourite groups FAV1-FAV8 in the favourites lists option just below channel manager. In this menu you will see each channel and to the right numbers 1 to 8. To add a channel to group FAV1 press the 1 key while that channel is highlighted and you will see a tick mark beside it.

At the minute you cannot change the group names to anything other than the default FAV1-8. A channel editor is currently being developed so this will be a possibility when that comes out.

To view your favourite groups while watchin tv press the ok/enter button and then the green button and the fav lists 1-8 appear. Select with ok the one you want to list the channels in that group!

Hope this helps until the channel editor comes out.

Cheers,
mcquaim

hi i have just recently purchased one of these and created the favs list.but there seems to be a lot of patches as its a new reciever and as you have to rescan because of patch you therfore looose all favs again.the only thing letting this little beauty down is a tv list/editor.do you have any idea when it will be released?
thanks in advance

mcquaim
13-12-11, 07:52
Hi there,

You can actually save your channel list by going into the upgrade menu and select your USB stick and I think it's the blue button to save off your current settings. That way when you do a new flash and factory reset you can load up your existing farourites afterwards via the upgrade menu also!

As for a channel editor, seems to be a problem for the dev team behind the eaglebox. Poor old silverfox simply got roasted over on alsatforum for even asking for an update on its progress. The guys there seem very defensive about the issue and don't think the need for an editor is that great..

Personally, I reckon until the editor comes out the channel manager on the box is just not up to scratch. Having to rem what group you saved under each FAV section is painful and I bought it for my mum who is lost currently..

We will just need to wait and see, hopefully it will be released shortly as they have had 3-4 weeks now!!

Cheers,
mcquaim

silverfox0786
14-12-11, 00:07
saving channel lists is possible but i do beleive there was a note in last patch that stated dont use channel sets made with an older patch on a newer patch

so yes a channel editor that is transferable between patched firmware would be nice

mcquaim
14-12-11, 00:35
Hi silverfox,

I used my previous channel setting after the last upgrade and they worked fine, well as fine as they can currently.. I doubt I didn't read the fine print on the release notes but hey, worked a treat :thumbsup:

jamesybhoy
14-12-11, 02:57
saving channel lists is possible but i do beleive there was a note in last patch that stated dont use channel sets made with an older patch on a newer patch

so yes a channel editor that is transferable between patched firmware would be nice

this is the info i read also so done as it said thats why i think an editor would be very hadny

n14
20-05-12, 09:47
Hi anyone have any news on the channel editor. bought one of these boxes. works great
with a pretty straightforward setup. but to be able to name your fav list something other
than 1-8 would be a real bonus
cheers

river-rat
14-08-12, 13:47
got one today. used a may patch as well as super settings and a channel list

all went ok, was shocked its a 1080p 60hz box, BUT how do u name the favs like news , sports ect as the book says hit green button and nothing

mickbrush
14-08-12, 14:05
That function does not work and it's not going to get fixed. It's a real shame as its a great little box other than that.

Sicilian
14-08-12, 20:38
That function does not work and it's not going to get fixed. It's a real shame as its a great little box other than that.

Ferguson 102 Mini HD is a much better alternative, it has a fully working PC channel editor http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20161-Ariva-3606-channel-list-Editor better functionality all round tbh and silent fanless operation :) Some screenshots from the menu here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20164-Some-menu-screenshots-form-the-Ferguson-Arvia-102-Mini-and-202E-pretty-damn-good!