PDA

View Full Version : Harmony Remoete Setup query

pooface
27-11-11, 21:56
Wasn't sure of best place to put this. Seemed like the best place to me, but ...

Anyway. I have a Logitech Harmony 525, that I'm finally getting around to updating...

So, I have my devices in there, but they are not really in the order I would like them. Top left is TV, great. When I first put it in, top right was my Amp, but that's now changed to Vu Duo. Bottom left is ET9k, and bottom right is now my amp. I would like to move the amp to top right, but cannot find a way to do this. Was there fine when first added it, but wanted to change the layout of the custom buttons, and after I did that, it moved it. Don't want to delete it and start again, as will then have to re-configure it (or will I?!)

Anyway, any help/info appreciated :)

silverfox0786
27-11-11, 22:20
I have that problem too it adds em in order of you adding device best way is delete all devices and add on order you want them to show

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

pooface
27-11-11, 23:11
I have that problem too it adds em in order of you adding device best way is delete all devices and add on order you want them to show

Not quite true. As, I had my old tv, then vu duo, then et9k, then dvd player. I removed the tv. Then, added new tv and amp. It came up in the order I wanted. Then, I edited the tv, still ok. Then, edited the amp, and it moved it to number 4. Then edited duo & 9k, and didn't move it around...

Just seems to be completely random how it has all them done :confused:

silverfox0786
28-11-11, 02:41
Well either way pooface if there is a way to move em I'm not aware of it and would like to know too as mine are jumbled up too

Rob van der Does
28-11-11, 05:24
Devices are presented in a random order, and can't be changed.
When in an activity, first the devices that are in that activity are shown.

But: why bother: once the R/C has been set up correctly, you will hardly ever use devices.

silverfox0786
28-11-11, 08:35
It's the activities that are jumbled for me my watch tv is at the end when O want it at front

Rob van der Does
28-11-11, 14:58
The order of activity's can easily be changed.

btw: are you using the web-interface? If so: don't, as it is very buggy and has only very limited functionality. Use the clientware.

silverfox0786
28-11-11, 17:15
Where can I get the clientwear as I agree the webint is shite

Rob van der Does
28-11-11, 17:39
See here (http://www.logitech.com/nl-nl/support-downloads/downloads/universal-remotes/devices/5874?WT.z_sp=Model&osid=13&bit=32). In Dutch, but the buttons are obvious.
Never mind that page is for the 900; the clientware is universal (as the remotes are).

Stanman
28-11-11, 18:48
I think it is this, as thats what I use to update mine

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/440/3742?section=downloads

Rob van der Does
28-11-11, 18:59
Yep, same as in my link.
That clientware gives you more options then the web-if, and is less buggy.

silverfox0786
28-11-11, 19:23
cheers rob and stanman will give it a go now

silverfox0786
28-11-11, 19:56
i just downloaded uninstalled old software and installed this one and its the same as what i had before right down to version number so looks like i was using the clientware software

and how do i move the activities priority placement