PDA

View Full Version : Chanel Lists and PVR on the HD800

mcquaim
26-11-11, 22:50
Hi folks,

I one of these little boxes and I'm pretty impressed by it for the price. I am having a bit of trouble setting up favorites groups however.

The receiver has favorites groups FAV1-FAV8 and I am able to add channels to these groups. In the manual it states that I should be able to rename these favorites groups via the green button but this doesn't seem to work. Has anyone managed to get this to work or anyone know of an editor that can open and update the bin files holding the channel data?

Also, I was looking to see if this little box would be able to use my NAS drive for the PVR but it doesn't look like I can select anything other than the USB. Has anyone managed this?

Thanks,
mcquaim

mcquaim
28-11-11, 01:01
Still no joy with this for me..

I tried using the Spiderbox Channel Editor sofware to open the file databasesys_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.bin and although it can open the file it doesn't seem to be in the exact same format as I'm unable to view the actual channels. I haven't been able to find any other editors that can open these bin files at all either.

Perhaps somebody else has had better luck than me??

Sicilian
28-11-11, 05:54
Theres a channel editor being worked on by the Eaglebox dev team.

silverfox0786
28-11-11, 08:57
The channel editor is not released as sic says but once it is it should be the same as spiderbox channel editor

I will be making a bouquet once the software is available till then you can use built in editor via remote

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

mcquaim
28-11-11, 09:19
Hi sic,

Thanks for the help and another channel list offer :thumbsup:

I had tried to create a list with my remote alright but doesn't seem to work like advertised in the manual. It says you can rename the favourite groups from FAV1-FAV8 to your own groups but that doesn't work.

Have you managed this?

Cheers,
mcquaim

silverfox0786
28-11-11, 19:31
Hi sic,

Thanks for the help and another channel list offer :thumbsup:

I had tried to create a list with my remote alright but doesn't seem to work like advertised in the manual. It says you can rename the favourite groups from FAV1-FAV8 to your own groups but that doesn't work.

Have you managed this?

Cheers,
mcquaim

i will give this a try in the morning and see what i get

albeit i have the mini but the software should be the same

mcquaim
28-11-11, 20:35
Thanks silverfox, that would be great!

mcquaim
30-11-11, 23:25
Hi silverfox,

You ever get a chance to check this out on your HD800?

Also, be warned folks if you rescan your satellite it completely wipes all your favourite lists... Learned the hard way myself... I had all my channels I was interested in arranged into the FAV1-8 groups and I noticed I was missing some channels from my initial scan (TCM2..) so I scanned again to realise I'd undone an hours work..

Going forward not sure how they'll get around this..

Cheers,
mcquaim

silverfox0786
01-12-11, 00:15
sorry had a long week at work been nackered will check this for ya asap

btw if you do a transponder search instead of a complete search then it apends the new channels to the bottom of the list rather than wiping the lot

mcquaim
01-12-11, 00:19
Cheers man, whenever you get a chance! I'm just curious am I doing something wrong..

Thanks for the heads up on the transponder update too, will note in the future..

mcquaim
09-12-11, 12:19
Hi Silverfox,

Just wondering if you ever got a chance to check if you were able to change the favourite group names?

I still haven't figured it out, perhaps it isn't possible at all...

Cheers,
mcquaim

silverfox0786
09-12-11, 14:38
i dont think its possible mate

the just stay as fav 1 etc

mcquaim
09-12-11, 14:55
Thanks for that man, hopefully this might be addressed in future patches!

silverfox0786
09-12-11, 14:57
Thanks for that man, hopefully this might be addressed in future patches!

once the channel settings editor is released we should know more on what can be done

mcquaim
04-01-12, 16:42
Hi silverfox,

You ever dare ask the progress of a channel editor for this little box lol ??

Mine has been sitting pretty idol since buying as my mum hasn't a breeze what FAV group what is and doesn't bother... I'm afraid to post the question again on that ANGRY forum!!

Cheers,
mcquaim

bassethound
04-01-12, 17:17
Im afraid were are in the same boat m8 all waiting for a channel editor from als@t

there are a couple of channel list on there forum to try but i would rather make my own from scratch

and as you pointed out there not the most helpful and friendly staff on there forum :(

mcquaim
04-01-12, 17:38
Thanks for the update, was curious just and wasn't keen on posting over on the darkside!!

I shall wait in hope...

Cheers,
mcquaim

silverfox0786
04-01-12, 17:57
yeah i've had more posts and threads deleted there than i can swige a dead cat at

but the last announcement was its in the works

but every time a new update is released teh channel editor needs to be reworked so sets the dev back and will take longer