PDA

View Full Version : Motorised dish doesn't move

bjolly
23-11-11, 23:58
Hi,

When I select a different sat from my EPG bouquet my dish doesn't move anymore.

I have setup the tuners and can send the dish to any sat in the satfinder plugin.

Is it me ?

BJ

Rob van der Does
24-11-11, 08:20
Well, you have to tell us a bit more about your tuner setup.
For a motor I would suggest "advanced setup", adjust one LNB (let's say LNB #1) for the USALS settings, and assign LNB1 to the desired satellites.
Do you have one or two cables coming form the dish? If only one, set the other tuner to "same cable from motor", if two set it to ""loopthrough to tuner X".

bjolly
24-11-11, 20:23
Ok,

I have one cable from LNB (via motor) into tuner A.

When I try to set up advanced tuner A I get All satellites 1,2,3 etc and LNB goes to LNB33

If I set it up as simple usals (as I always used to) I cannot select different sats in the satellite option on Eurobird 1 /Astra 1N ....etc

Not sure what I am doing

BJ

Rob van der Does
24-11-11, 20:47
No, don't choose "all satellites", but only the ones you want. Give them all the same LNB #.

bjolly
24-11-11, 21:11
Right,

I think I think I needed an up to date satellites.xml file....I downloaded enigma plugin satellite Loader-Editor installed it ..... selected the sats I would like and now it appears to be working.

Hope this makes sense to you all.

BJ

bjolly
24-11-11, 21:14
Thank you Rob,

Is this a better way than what I have done by d/l XML file ?

BJ

Rob van der Does
24-11-11, 21:24
Did you upload channelsettings including a satellites.xml?
Did you upload the settings to etc/enigma2?

bjolly
24-11-11, 21:31
Not sure, I d/l Vhannable E2 Motor Bouquets and used DreamEdit to put on box, I checked settings went to etc\enigma2 but... I do not have satellite.xml that is in etc folder only

Rob van der Does
24-11-11, 21:35
Well, looks like you messed up the satellites somehow. But you sorted it out again, and that's the important thing.

bjolly
24-11-11, 21:39
Is it better to setup tuner in advanced mode than what I have done ?

Rob van der Does
24-11-11, 21:55
Well, shouldn't be. But I have seen reports of "simple" not working properly.

basilyoung
24-11-11, 21:56
advanced mode is better, put simply