PDA

View Full Version : 19.2 East

lammy1961
17-07-10, 17:54
Is 19.2 East down ?
Just that I can't view any channels on it ?

Cheers.

basilyoung
17-07-10, 18:10
19 east is still very much alive,
can you get signals?
but suspect you are referring to some thing else
baz

bob1
17-07-10, 18:26
I doubt 19E was shot down with the American laser:D.

lammy1961
17-07-10, 19:22
I can view 19.2E, but only when I set my VU Duo to record two different channels on 19.2E. But if I stop one recording, then I can view channels as normal....But if I stop both recording and send the dish to 1 West, then send it back to 19.2 East....It won't clear.
Is it set up incorrectly ?

Sorry for all these questions.

basilyoung
17-07-10, 20:16
your tuners, how have you set them up,...ie, 2 motorized dishes??

baz

lammy1961
17-07-10, 20:47
LNB1 is on the motorised, LNB2 is on a fixed 28.2.
How do I check the tuners ?

Thank You.

basilyoung
17-07-10, 22:25
in the tuner 1 config, have you set 19 east as active on lnb 1??

i think this could be your problem

baz

lammy1961
17-07-10, 23:09
in the tuner 1 config, have you set 19 east as active on lnb 1??

i think this could be your problem

baz

Is that correct Baz ?
LNB1 is motorised, don't you mean remove 19 East from LNB2 (fixed)

I'm confused. :confused::confused:

Thanks for the help.

canthackit
18-07-10, 10:53
i think he means is that howe you've set it up, and i agree.

i would make Tuner A LNB 1 all the motor Sats (no 19.2), and Tuner B fixed LNB 2 for 19.2

see if that works

Regards: canthackit

bob1
18-07-10, 11:09
Tuner A should be set as simple with positioner.
Tuner B should be set as simple with single lnb 28e.

canthackit
18-07-10, 11:43
i think he means is that howe you've set it up, and i agree.

i would make Tuner A LNB 1 all the motor Sats (no 19.2), and Tuner B fixed LNB 2 for 19.2

see if that works

Regards: canthackit

Opppppps yes mate i got that wrong.

so i go back to the origianl post.......

QUOTE:
I can view 19.2E, but only when I set my VU Duo to record two different channels on 19.2E. But if I stop one recording, then I can view channels as normal....But if I stop both recording and send the dish to 1 West, then send it back to 19.2 East....It won't clear.
Is it set up incorrectly ?

i'm getting really confused now, what am i missing? you say that you are recording 2 channels on 19.2 but how is this possible when you only have 1 LNB connection to the motorised setup?

lammy1961
18-07-10, 14:10
Sorted...I think...Fingers crossed.

Tuner B that is on my fixed 28.2 East dish I changed to.
Config mode = simple
Mode = Single

Thanks for the support.

basilyoung
18-07-10, 14:24
if lnb2 is fixed to 28 east, but in the lnb2/ tuner2 config,..if 19 east is activated, deactivate it, the freqs on 28 east are very simular to that of 19 east

in other words, your reciever may think its on 19 east via the fixed dish due to tuner 2,s settings being wrong, which explains why your current set up is wrong

fixed dish should be set to 28 east only, all other sats need to be removed, best done by setting to advanced settings, and set all other sats to nothing connected
motorized dish, set to lnb1 all available sats should be set to lnb 1 including 28 east

baz

bob1
18-07-10, 15:47

i'm getting really confused now, what am i missing? you say that you are recording 2 channels on 19.2 but how is this possible when you only have 1 LNB connection to the motorised setup?

You can record as many channels as you want with one tuner as long as they are on the same tp , i would guess that the fixed dish was setup wrong and the duo thought it could receive 19e without moving the dish so it didn't and used the fixed dish rather than the motorized one.
Baz there is no need for advanced settings ,simple ,single lnb, 28e is all you need for the fixed dish.

canthackit
18-07-10, 17:17
@ bob1

i'm even more confused now :confused:

so if we can record more than one channel at a time on a single tp why do we need a dual tuner?

furthermore are you saying that we can record one channel and watch another without the need of a twin tuner:confused:

i'm looking forward to your reply :D

regards: canthackit

basilyoung
18-07-10, 17:51
if you are recording on say 28 east with tuner A (bbc for example :rolleyes: )
disable 28 east on the tuner B
whilst recording, if you look at your channel list, most will be greyed out (unavailable) the remaining available channels will be that of the tp in use, and watchable/recordable

the other tuner if reenabled, would come into play, if you select a another tp that is not in use via the recording ie, ITV

baz

bob1
18-07-10, 18:15
Just as baz said, you mean you haven't tried to record more than 2 channels ,you can get up to about 7 then it doesn't seem to like it past that, manged to record 7 just of the dvb-t stick but the ones i selected on the satellite tuners didn't work and didn't save anything although it said it was recording.
The reason for 2 tuners is that you can still view any channels you want ,a single tuner would restrict you to a few channels.

lammy1961
18-07-10, 20:20
Just to clarify.
I had LNB2 that was wired into fixed dish 28.2 showing it was on 19.2.
Does that explain ?

So i did this.

Tuner B that is on my fixed 28.2 East dish I changed to.
Config mode = simple
Mode = Single

basilyoung
18-07-10, 21:29
not sure i understand your question clearly, its open to inturpitation

on tuner B (lnb2) the only sat set to lnb2 should be 28 east
all other sats on tuner B should be set to nothing connected

tuner A should then find 19 east

baz

lammy1961
18-07-10, 22:32
not sure i understand your question clearly, its open to inturpitation

on tuner B (lnb2) the only sat set to lnb2 should be 28 east
all other sats on tuner B should be set to nothing connected

tuner A should then find 19 east

baz

Yes....That's how it is ...Thanks.

basilyoung
18-07-10, 23:01
so are you sorted now??

baz

canthackit
19-07-10, 06:56
@ bob1 & baz

me record more than 2 channels, in the 15 years or so of owning DB's and now VU+'s i've probaly only ever recorded about 20 times and that's only 1 channel at a time:D

so back to the recording situtation, so then taking your example, let's say i choose to record 7 channels at once on a single tuner, you say then that i can watch one of them channels:eek:

so in fact it only means that i'm then restricted to the channels i can watch whilst recording not that i can't do it, by jove i think the boy's got it:rolleyes:

regards: canthackit

bob1
19-07-10, 07:35
The vu will use 2 tuners to record unless it can't, lets look at lammy1961 setup ,a fixed dish at 28e and a motorized dish ,if he records something on 28e it might use the fixed dish ,if he then tries to record something else on 28e it will use the motorized dish so he would be using 2 tuners and not one even though it could have been done on one tuner.
Disable one of your tuners and have a play ,see what it will let you watch /record.