PDA

View Full Version : VIX 2.3 - strange video bug (or at least I think it's a bug :O) - SOLVED

mauri
22-11-11, 00:07
Hi there,

2nite I had a strange issue - one in every 2 channels did not show video, just audio.
The channels were HD and SD, different bouquets/encryption.

I restarted Enigma, hard booted the box - still the same - not the same channels, but when zapping some of them would not 'clear' the video.
I thought smth to do with resolution, so I installed autoresolution plugin. No success.

Then I remembered the new CEC setting - I disabled it, and voila! Everything back to normal.
'stress-zapped' the box for a few minutes, everything OK now. I switched back on the CEC thingy - everything OK.
FYI for you guys that might have the same issue like me. ;)

zola25
22-11-11, 00:31
I have also had the same problem on sly sports hd 1 and 2 did not check any others though rebooted and all is well again.
I also had the problem with the volume on the remote not working a couple of others posted about.

Sure you can sort it out at some point, its still a very good image in my opinion and i very much appreciate all the work you guys put into them

dfdream
22-11-11, 08:23
I have also had the same problem on sly sports hd 1 and 2 did not check any others though rebooted and all is well again.
I also had the problem with the volume on the remote not working a couple of others posted about.

Sure you can sort it out at some point, its still a very good image in my opinion and i very much appreciate all the work you guys put into them

I too have this issue since the upgrade. Primarily on the same channels. If I change to other hd channels eventually the blank ones (with audio) come back.

I also see that there were 35 updates online this morning. Maybe something in there. Lads is there somewhere to see what the 35 updates are.

Ta

Rob van der Does
22-11-11, 08:56
I could not reproduce the "no video" problem here, but is has been reported to VU+. They claim this to be solved by a new driver.
I tried these drivers: they seem to work fine and I have no issue with them.

Please try using these drivers, but be sure to make a backup first, in case something goes wrong.
Drivers go to "/lib/modules/2.6.18-7.3/extra"
If you are not a DiY-man, you can also await an online update, but I'm not sure when that will be.

Rob van der Does
22-11-11, 08:57
I also see that there were 35 updates online this morning. Maybe something in there. Lads is there somewhere to see what the 35 updates are.
No, but major items are under About --> Info

dfdream
22-11-11, 09:13
Rob is it just unzip the bm750 one into /lib/modules/2.6.18-7.3/extra or copy it.
Does it need to be run to install or just reboot to install it.

Can you put a link to where these updates are hosted.
D

I could not reproduce the "no video" problem here, but is has been reported to VU+. They claim this to be solved by a new driver.
I tried these drivers: they seem to work fine and I have no issue with them.

Please try using these drivers, but be sure to make a backup first, in case something goes wrong.
Drivers go to "/lib/modules/2.6.18-7.3/extra"
If you are not a DiY-man, you can also await an online update, but I'm not sure when that will be.

Rob van der Does
22-11-11, 09:22
Rob is it just unzip the bm750 one into /lib/modules/2.6.18-7.3/extra or copy it.
BM750 is for the DUO.
Just unzip the file and copy the drivers to "/lib/modules/2.6.18-7.3/extra", overwriting the existing ones. Reboot the box when done (a complete box-restart, not just a GUI restart).

dfdream
22-11-11, 09:55
BM750 is for the DUO.
Just unzip the file and copy the drivers to "/lib/modules/2.6.18-7.3/extra", overwriting the existing ones. Reboot the box when done (a complete box-restart, not just a GUI restart).

Thanks for that.
Will try later.
Is it possible to get a link to the download to see exactly what issues the update is fixing.
Ta

Rob van der Does
22-11-11, 10:04
As always VU+ is not very exhaustive with their change-logs. This time the only statement is "Fix video problem" :rolleyes:

One just has to guess what it is about, but they supplied this driver in response to the "no video"-reports.

Dvsat
22-11-11, 13:10
Hi Rob,
I'll see you have very good contacts with VU+
Thank you for the new drivers. :thumbsup:

Best regards Dvsat :)

mauri
22-11-11, 20:04
Updated the drivers as per earlier post.
Also did the online update.
Everything looks fine.

cheers