PDA

View Full Version : xtrend e9000

abu-obaid
21-11-11, 23:12
i heard that there is a problem with the 2end tuner for xtrend 9000, is this true?
and for the battery if the charge is gone .. what will happen ?
and is it better than vu+ duo ?

Regards

Cucosat
21-11-11, 23:54
The battery won't be an issue as long as you don't remove it. The reciever doesn't discharge the battery as long as it's plugged in and turned on (can be in deep standby mode, just has to have the hardware switch turned on).

There is a driver issue where the 2nd tuner is unable to fetch data from DVB-S2 channels with symbol rate 30000000, so far I have only heard it reported being an issue on the 0.8W satellite, but I won't bet anything that there aren't troubles with other satellites. This has been a known problem for almost a year and so far I haven't heard of a driver release that corrected it, which is quite disappointing but probably because it's only a minority of users who are affected, and none of them are German.

I don't have a VU+ Duo, so I can comment on that.

basilyoung
21-11-11, 23:57
the current firmware for the 9000 does have a problem with symbol rates 30000, upwards on tuner B, most of us use tuner A
to get around this, as far as i know, only 1 west is effected

regards to the battery problem, if it dies, or is removed, the unit will be killed, and the warrenty should take care of that, how ever, other than one person, ( who did remove the batt ) has had a problem

the 9000 is a very good unit, but then again, the VU+ duo is also a very good unit

the 9000 has a few advantages, in that ts a smarter looking unit, has loop through a well

I have both units, previously the 9000 was my fraverite, but now, ( only just ) the VU is my fraverite

abu-obaid
22-11-11, 09:09
we have sales on Xtrend e9000 with a good price...
but i am thinking to wait for Vu+ ultimo instead of buying E9000

and the warranty is one year, so what will happen in the battery charge died in 3-5 years!
and i dont know if there is a differences between vu+ image output and the E9000
is the pic looks the same ?
i am using LCD Sony , and i test the vu+ and it was excellent on HD but on SD the pic was not good at all

Rob van der Does
22-11-11, 13:29
....and the warranty is one year,....
Now that is something I don't understand: EU-regulations stipulate consumers get (at least) a 2 years warranty.
I know that in the Netherlands this is fully adhered to. Although many manufacturers very often claim to give a warranty of only 1 year (or even less), it's the reseller that has to fulfil this obligation, whether or not he can fall back on the manufacturer for that.

Rob van der Does
22-11-11, 13:33
....I test the vu+ and it was excellent on HD but on SD the pic was not good at all
Hmmm, are you sure?

Many reports like that have been traced down to wrong settings.
The scaler-sharpness on the box must be set to the middle position (= neutral), and all so called enhancement-functions of the TV must be set to "off" (because the "enhancement" is in reality screwing up your picture).

abu-obaid
26-11-11, 20:03
we in the middle east we only have 1 year warranty and the offer is around 325$

and if e9000 has brodcom cpu that means that the pic quality will be the same as vu+ duo, right ?

and if the second tuner has problem on rat of 30000 and if 27500 is working find then i will not be an issue for me because i only use Nilesat (7w) and Hotbaird (13E) and bader (26E)
and the rate for the most of them is 27500, except for SKY Italy it is 29900 which does not have problem right ?

thank you for your answers in advance

Regards

basilyoung
26-11-11, 20:09
from your last comments, the answer is that the 9000 will be ok for you,

abu-obaid
26-11-11, 20:34
is there any confirm that vu+ultimo will support HD pip ?

if not i should not wait .. i should get e9000 !

Cucosat
27-11-11, 03:54
The VU+ Ultimo is supposed to have the Broadcom 7413 chip, which you can read about here:
http://www.broadcom.com/products/IPTV/IPTV-Solutions/BCM7413As you can see, dual SD-decode with PiP is mentioned but not dual HD-decode. It's simply a hardware limitation of the chip, it can only do one hardware decoding at a time and it's not fast enough to do HD software decoding of the second stream.

Rob van der Does
27-11-11, 06:32
This limitation applies to many, if not all, HD boxes.
To overcome the "stuttering HD-PiP" there is a simple plugin, that will play the corresponding SD-channel in PiP.

Cucosat
27-11-11, 22:24
I was not aware of that, I guess that is with the condition that the channel actually has an SD alternative?
Is the plugin in the feeds or do you know where to get it?

Rob van der Does
28-11-11, 05:40
Indeed a SD-alternative must be available.
The name of the plugin is "PiPServiceRelation"and it is available on the feeds.

Flyingpig
28-11-11, 21:06
So when you say feeds... Is that menu>plugins>download plugins ?? Or somewhere else..??

Thanks FP.

Larry-G
28-11-11, 22:14
So when you say feeds... Is that menu>plugins>download plugins ?? Or somewhere else..??

Thanks FP.

Yes that's what feeds mean within the current context.

susu
02-03-12, 14:01
I am having issues with setting up external hdd on the e9000, has anyone done it?