PDA

View Full Version : Swap Manager in VIX 2.3

frank
21-11-11, 19:37
I can't seem to create a swap file on a USB stick - it will only let me create the file my HDD. I have mounted the USB stick, but still...

:confused:

marty
21-11-11, 19:57
Mine won't create one on the HDD!

Rob van der Does
21-11-11, 20:25
Hmmm, could you enable the debug logs, try to create the swapfile, and send them via the log-manager?

btw: can you tell me why you want to use a swap-file? I ask this, as for all normal use a swap-file is not needed, and will only make you box slower. In those scarce circumstances a swap is needed, the box makes it automatically.

punisher
21-11-11, 20:36
your usb/hdd needs to be formatted to ext3/ext4 in order to be able to create swap on this new image

DeGea468
22-11-11, 02:49
I can't seem to create a swap file on a USB stick - it will only let me create the file my HDD. I have mounted the USB stick, but still...

:confused:
I had this problem when i 1st flashed 2.3, I got help to fix it which was to re-format to ext3.

This is what i did to fix the usb not showing in swap manager.

Menu > Setup > System > Harddisk > Initialization > (Pick your usb) > Red button to Initialize which will reformat.

Once that's done.

Menu > Setup > ViX > Mount Manager > Green button to 'Setup Mounts' > Make sure your usb show as '/media/usb' > Green button to save.

Then

set up the Swap file which should now let you do it on the usb.

hope that helps

29-12-11, 17:22
I can't seem to create the swap file. I've formatted my external usb as ext4 but yet when I go into swap manager and hit activate nothing happens?

Is there anything else I need to do?

Rob van der Does
29-12-11, 17:56
Does MountManager see the drive as mounted? If not, mount it and reboot.

29-12-11, 18:24
Does MountManager see the drive as mounted? If not, mount it and reboot.

Mount Manager does see it as mounted.

Here's a screenshot of my mount manager:
http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/6151/mountmanager.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/860/mountmanager.png/)

Rob van der Does
29-12-11, 18:54
Last thing I can think of is have the device initialised by the box, or if you did that, let the box perform a filecheck.

29-12-11, 19:00
Last thing I can think of is have the device initialised by the box, or if you did that, let the box perform a filecheck.

That's all done as well. I've currently got picons and epg data on there all working fine.

Just cannot get the image to create a swap.

andyblac
29-12-11, 19:38
I can't seem to create the swap file. I've formatted my external usb as ext4 but yet when I go into swap manager and hit activate nothing happens?

Is there anything else I need to do?
you need to create one first ;)

and if you can post your screen shots step by step so we can your procedure, it might help us.

30-12-11, 00:27
you need to create one first ;)

and if you can post your screen shots step by step so we can your procedure, it might help us.

There's no options in the Vix Swap Menu to actually create the swap file from what I can see...

Rob van der Does
30-12-11, 07:48
There's no options in the Vix Swap Menu to actually create the swap file from what I can see...
The green button in the SWAP-Manager :)

FFA
08-11-13, 20:21
What about the Version 3.0 can no find any threads about this and can not find the same section on the box. :(
Can someone help ?

abu baniaz
08-11-13, 20:36
Blue Button > Vix > Swap Manger

FFA
08-11-13, 23:27
Yes i have found that point ;) but i can not create it say something with physical and i can not find anything in the menu about hdd setup so i can format it to the right format :(

Stanman
09-11-13, 12:12
Media needs to be formatted as ext

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
09-11-13, 17:34
HDD has been renamed to storage as this impacts on storage devices and not just HDD.

Menu > Setup > System > Storage devices
As above, initialise (format) it which will use the ext 4 file system. If you are unable to initialise it, you may need to unmount it first.

Rob van der Does
09-11-13, 17:53
Please be aware that this thread is about a very old ViX 2.3 image.

abu baniaz
09-11-13, 18:11
Still applicable though as essentially it is a plugin.

How come autostart is not contextual? ie if autostart is enabled, text should show something like "disable autostart", same way as Softcam Manager. Activate/Deactivate toggles, create/delete toggles.

Rob van der Does
09-11-13, 20:14
Still applicable though as essentially it is a plugin.
Then please start a new thread. As it is now hardly anybody will read a response in this thread due to the title suggesting this to be (very) out of date.

abu baniaz
09-11-13, 20:34
Will do.

Does thread need closing?