PDA

View Full Version : VIX 2.3 and HDMI-CEC

guff daddy
21-11-11, 11:25
I have a Samsung LE40A656 TV, an Onkyo TX-SR507 receiver and the Vu+ Duo running VIX 2.3 (great image guys - thanks for all the hard work). I don't have any other devices as for me the VU+ Duo does it all (my WD-HD media player is gathering dust in the corner). The Vu+ is connected to the Onkyo via HDMI and the Onkyo is then connected to the TV via the HDMI out.

The Vu+ remote therefore does nearly everything - up to now I only needed the Onkyo remote to power on and off the TV and Receiver and turn the volume up and down. Ideally I want the VU+ remote to do this and thought that HDMI-CEC would acheive this. I've enabled CEC (Anynet) on the Samsung TV and Onkyo receiver, and on the VU+ configured everything in the HDMI-CEC menu to "on" and this works to some extent - the volume control on the Vu+ remote will now turn the volume up and down on the receiver.

What doesn't work is the "Put TV into standby" and "Wake up TV from standby" commands - is there anything I can do to get these working?

andyblac
21-11-11, 12:56
I have a Samsung LE40A656 TV, an Onkyo TX-SR507 receiver and the Vu+ Duo running VIX 2.3 (great image guys - thanks for all the hard work). I don't have any other devices as for me the VU+ Duo does it all (my WD-HD media player is gathering dust in the corner). The Vu+ is connected to the Onkyo via HDMI and the Onkyo is then connected to the TV via the HDMI out.

The Vu+ remote therefore does nearly everything - up to now I only needed the Onkyo remote to power on and off the TV and Receiver and turn the volume up and down. Ideally I want the VU+ remote to do this and thought that HDMI-CEC would acheive this. I've enabled CEC (Anynet) on the Samsung TV and Onkyo receiver, and on the VU+ configured everything in the HDMI-CEC menu to "on" and this works to some extent - the volume control on the Vu+ remote will now turn the volume up and down on the receiver.

What doesn't work is the "Put TV into standby" and "Wake up TV from standby" commands - is there anything I can do to get these working?

contact Vu and give them the info, i think the driver controls that.

guff daddy
21-11-11, 13:36
contact Vu and give them the info, i think the driver controls that.

Thanks Andy, I'll do that but first I'll check that it isn't a problem with the Onkyo passing through the HDMI-CEC command...

guff daddy
21-11-11, 16:45
Thanks Andy, I'll do that but first I'll check that it isn't a problem with the Onkyo passing through the HDMI-CEC command...

OK problem occurs when VU+ is direct connected to the Samsung, so email to Vu on its way...

zola25
21-11-11, 16:51
Does not work with my samsung plasma either

guff daddy
21-11-11, 18:47
c
Does not work with my samsung plasma either

can you email support@vuplus.com with that information - the more users contact them, the more likely they are to sort it out.

Is this just a Samsung TV issue - does CEC work with other TVs?

zola25
21-11-11, 19:26
Just to add if my Vu+ is in standby and i turn the tv on the VU will turn on but will not turn off if i turn the tv off,and putting the VU in standby does not effect the tv at all.
I will email vuplus and let them know

Rob van der Does
21-11-11, 19:31
Just to add if my Vu+ is in standby and i turn the tv on the VU will turn on ....
But IMHO that should be the other way around!
How does the TV know you want to use the VU? There can be many devices connected to the TV. No, the way it should work, is that the TV goes on when the VU is turned on.

DeGea468
22-11-11, 02:59
Just to add if my Vu+ is in standby and i turn the tv on the VU will turn on but will not turn off if i turn the tv off,and putting the VU in standby does not effect the tv at all.
I will email vuplus and let them knowNot sure if your aware of this but i thought i'd mention it.. I have a Sammy as well and in the menu/settings you should find an option called 'Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)' which you can turn on so you can use your TV remote to control your Vu+ also there is a option there that can alter/stop what you mentioned in your post about the standby.

Note: For me Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) is under 'Application' in the menu. If your sammy isn't to old it should have Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)

My mistake you have done it, Should have read your post properly, Ah well my post can go to anyone else trying to setup the HDMI-CEC feature and has a sammy as Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) needs to be turned on first before it will work ( I wasn't aware of this myself at first so it didn't work for me).

kitsuneyo
25-11-11, 11:34
My TV is an LG and I'm using ViX 2.3 and the latest drivers. I've enabled HDMI-CEC (they call it Simplink) and got some odd results.

Using the Vu+ remote to take the box out of standby also wakes the TV up from standby, which is pretty good.

Putting the TV in standby using the TV remote opens... the Vu+ Duo media player, for some reason.

Vu+ remote volume buttons now do nothing at all.

Anyone had better or different results with an LG? Wondering if there's a way to get it working better.

In the meantime I guess I'll email Vu+ as well.

Stanman
25-11-11, 20:19
For the volume issue, just disable volume forward in hdmi cec settings.

guff daddy
14-12-11, 12:16
After the latest update something has changed (were there new VU drivers involved?). Now when I wake up the VU+ Duo from standby it also wakes up the TV - and the TV wakes up the amplifier.
I still need the amp remote for just one thing - powering off the TV (which also powers off the Vu and the amp)

silverfox0786
14-12-11, 20:51
After the latest update something has changed (were there new VU drivers involved?). Now when I wake up the VU+ Duo from standby it also wakes up the TV - and the TV wakes up the amplifier.
I still need the amp remote for just one thing - powering off the TV (which also powers off the Vu and the amp)

thats what hdmi cec is

if you dont want that disble hdmi cec

also you can change the setting to what you want it to do

guff daddy
14-12-11, 20:53
thats what hdmi cec is

if you dont want that disble hdmi cec

also you can change the setting to what you want it to do

Heh, you might want to read back on the thread - I know what HDMI-CEC is and what it does, and up to the update to 2.3 build 124 it wasn't working properly. It is working a bit better now.

silverfox0786
14-12-11, 20:55
Heh, you might want to read back on the thread - I know what HDMI-CEC is and what it does, and up to the update to 2.3 build 124 it wasn't working properly. It is working a bit better now.

i was replying directly to yr post #12 not the whole thread and in it clearly seems like your not sure what hdmi cec is doing or what it is

Larry-G
14-12-11, 20:56

There is no need to be rude about it, as staff we read any where upto 1000 and many times more posts per day, you cant expect us to remember the content of every single thread or post we comment on, even if we do try to.

back on topic however, i'm pleased it's now working better for you.

guff daddy
14-12-11, 22:28
Apologies if I came across as rude - that wasn't intended. I should have quoted my original post on the thread to make it clear I was providing an update to that...