PDA

View Full Version : Tenda wireless

pcdee
21-11-11, 07:54
Hello all

I'm having a major paddy setting this beast up. I have followed all instructions but obviously I'm missing something.

I've set it up with laptop no probs and it scans the wireless networks and I pick the one I want, I move to the next interface and change the SSID to match mine, change encription to match my router......reboot laptop, router and Tenda. Before laptop reboot I set the lan back to auto.

I plug it in and no internet, I go on lan properties and its a complete different IP. I've tried setting this at another location thinking it might be the router but having the same probs.

Its goto be something so simple that I'm missing......sorry for the long post.........heeeeeeeelp.........lol

Thanks!!

Sicilian
21-11-11, 08:01
Are you completing the wizard? You need to first scan, select your wireless and configure that, then onto setting it up work as a access point which must be different to you existing router. At the end of the wizard the Tenda will save and reboot. Follow the guide step by step and complete the wizard.

pcdee
21-11-11, 13:42
So does the SSID need to be the same as the router or different? I've tried both and failed, I must of read the step be step like 10 times.:(

Donnie
21-11-11, 13:51
SSID needs to be different, I left mine as Tenda.

pcdee
22-11-11, 07:27
Got it all working, I ended up putting a lower encription in the router and was all fine :thumbsup:

pcdee
23-11-11, 15:46
I've noticed that the wireless keeps dropping now, any idea chaps?

pcdee
24-11-11, 13:53
I've noticed that the wireless keeps dropping now, any idea chaps?

Sorted....dam Sky router changed channels and perfect!!

tractoroid
10-01-12, 21:38
Sorted....dam Sky router changed channels and perfect!!

pcdee - pls could you clarify - you changed the channel on the sky router to be diffrerent from the one on tenda? or to the same?

since i set up tenda, i have a new newtork - unidentified - and my laptops connection keeps dropping at regular intervals:confused:

thank you

egz
24-02-12, 19:14
does anyone know if the tenda w301a works like the w150m. i have both, but can only get the w150m working with my et9. there is no client + AP mode on the w301a like there is with the w150m. please help. thanks.

Bilko1
28-02-12, 13:28
I have just bought and set up a Tenda W150m and connected to it my Blade 7000 and it is working great. I now have problems connecting to the internet on my pc's that are wired in to my netgear router. They will connect to each other but not the internet any ideas?