PDA

View Full Version : Any idea's

handogin
20-11-11, 22:41
Hi Folks
My vu duo has been running flawlessly for about a year until recently I started losing channels in my epg, I been using cool epg and I think it was set to use the xmltv.
Today I've had a tinker and tried using opentv for grabbing the epg info ,it pulls all the info in then crashes, and re starts.
When I manually download via the xmltv it doesn't grab anything.
I've also tried using the rytec but still no joy.

What I'm also noticing is that when I change from opentv back to xmltv its crashes, its like I've lost the ability to save any settings in cool epg ?

I'm running vix 1.3 ( I know its old but for me if it's not broke don't fix it)

Thanks in advance

Hando

Donnie
20-11-11, 22:52
I'm running vix 1.3 ( I know its old but for me if it's not broke don't fix it)

It's broke and old so fix it with an update.

Old does not always work I am afraid.

basilyoung
20-11-11, 22:52
First of all, you really should try updating the image,

also, have you set up epg to save to a usb stick ( best ) or hard drive?? if not, thats your problem

as the epg is most likely saving to flash

handogin
20-11-11, 23:53
First of all, you really should try updating the image,

also, have you set up epg to save to a usb stick ( best ) or hard drive?? if not, thats your problem

as the epg is most likely saving to flash

Thanks for the replies folks

I have noticed that its saving to flash but when I tried earlier but it would'nt save my changes.
Mrs is master box controller at the mo so I best not have have a tinker :D

Going to give a go as soon as I can if not it' look like an update:eek:

Thanks for the help

Hando

basilyoung
20-11-11, 23:57
either way, new or old image, you need to put a mem stick on the unit, and mount it, then go to menu,setup.system,epg, and you should then be able to direct the epg data to the mem stick

handogin
21-11-11, 01:08
either way, new or old image, you need to put a mem stick on the unit, and mount it, then go to menu,setup.system,epg, and you should then be able to direct the epg data to the mem stick

Not sure why its started playing up ..maybe kids have touched it ?

Memory stick was mounted before, all was epg was fine ?

Thanks again

Hando

handogin
21-11-11, 17:32
Have managed to have a look and it would seem that every time I try to save a change, or even exit the vix menu it crashes.
On the green crash screen "not enough space on device "?

What do you reckon new flash ?

Thanks

Hando

Larry-G
21-11-11, 17:34
Have managed to have a look and it would seem that every time I try to save a change, or even the vix menu it crashes.
On the green crash screen "not enough space on device "?

What do you reckon new flash ?

Thanks

Hando

I would say so yes, even if just to take advantage of the newer hardware drivers for your receiver.

handogin
21-11-11, 17:50
I would say so yes, even if just to take advantage of the newer hardware drivers for your receiver.

Thanks for the reply ...what would be you recomendation on a new image, loved the the vix 1.3 and haven't untill now had any problems with it.
I use open vpn that is must for me on a new image.

Thanks in advance

Hando

Larry-G
21-11-11, 18:12
Thanks for the reply ...what would be you recomendation on a new image, loved the the vix 1.3 and haven't untill now had any problems with it.
I use open vpn that is must for me on a new image.

Thanks in advance

Hando

Well every ViX image from 2.0 upwards is based on pli's git and as such very different from version 1.3 and lover versions. so I would recommend using the newest image version 2.3 remember to load the new boot loader as well. As for openvpn andy has built it into the image as far as I'm aware, although I have never had cause to use it.

handogin
21-11-11, 18:33
Well every ViX image from 2.0 upwards is based on pli's git and as such very different from version 1.3 and lover versions. so I would recommend using the newest image version 2.3 remember to load the new boot loader as well. As for openvpn andy has built it into the image as far as I'm aware, although I have never had cause to use it.

Cheers bud, I'll have a hunt for this bootloader and image now.

Thanks again for the all help folks :cool:

Shame to see m'old 1.3 go as it done everything I needed untill this weird epg thing, funny thing was with the missing channels on the epg it would say the same thing" Andy was trying for a baby......" so I googled it and it was Emmerdale ...can't stand emmerdale :eek:

Hando