PDA

View Full Version : Ushare and VU+ Recording Format

dezza9995
20-11-11, 16:16
My TV is connected to my local network, and can see the list of movies recorded on VU+ box using Ushare. I cannot play any of them due an error message stating incompatible file format. I've tried to use Gspot to determine what file format the recording are but it showing no info about them. Is there on option to make movies record in a more compatible form or has anyone come across a solution to convert the movies?

Thanks.

Larry-G
20-11-11, 16:20
recordings made on all E2 receivers are in .TS format. ( transport stream )

dezza9995
20-11-11, 16:57
Thanks. I think the bit rate on them must be too high then as they are uncompressed. Other than compressing them all and spending a lot of time doing so, nothing else can be done.

WOIIFTM
20-11-11, 21:45
Same trouble I have, my Samsung UE32D5000 sees the .TS files on the drive of my Vu+ Duo but is not able to play these. Samsung claims it should play .TS files but either the TV cannot cope with files on a ext3 formatted drive or Samsung is talking about different .TS files than I have om my drive.

dezza9995
21-11-11, 00:54
Even the PS3 sees the server but shows each move as unsupported data.

Rob van der Does
21-11-11, 07:28
My TV is connected to my local network, and can see the list of movies recorded on VU+ box using Ushare. I cannot play any of them due an error message stating incompatible file format.
Possibly the TV only looks at the extension (.TS). What happens if you change the extension to .mpeg?

dezza9995
21-11-11, 20:04
I've come back to have a fresh look at it today, and it appears to be working fine now without renaming the extensions. Thanks for the reply, had you not I wouldnt have looked at it again.

dezza9995
22-11-11, 18:38
The stream to TV is fine now, however the audio channel that is played with the video on TV is the audio description one. Is there a way to either get the box to not record that audio track or to make it index the normal audio track as the first one played?

dezza9995
22-11-11, 19:30
TSMux removes the audio description track just fine, shame it has to be recorded as the first audio track though.

WOIIFTM
27-11-11, 16:31
Renaming TS files to MKV's allows playback on PS3 (haven't been able to testt on Samsung LED tv).

sanj111
11-05-12, 01:35
I've come back to have a fresh look at it today, and it appears to be working fine now without renaming the extensions. Thanks for the reply, had you not I wouldnt have looked at it again.
Hi mate. I am having the same problem you had. I have a Vu+ DUO box with VIX 2.3. I am trying to stream my recorded movies (.ts) to my Samsung UE32D5520 in my bedroom. I have tried with ushare and my TV does not pick anything up hoever, if i activate miniDLNA setup then it does but when I play a recorded movies my tv states 'File Not Supported. I am confused as my brother has the same setup but it works fine on his UE32C6710. Please help to how you fixed your problem.

Thanks

Stanman
11-05-12, 11:02
Why not compare the specs for the two tellys and see if the format is supported, even thiugh there by the same manufacturer no guarantee they will play exactly the same file formats.

Maxwell
11-05-12, 11:25
Depends on the TV a lot of the Samsungs and other manufacturers will not play .ts files. Cant do it on my 6 month old top of the range Sammy even with the latest firmware :mad:

sanj111
11-05-12, 16:20
@Maxwell4321
I think your right. Its the TV. Just does not support .ts. I can play MP4 just fine. Gutted