PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ duo stuck on programming usb update help

cmargach
17-07-10, 11:50
Hi can any one help i have just tried to up date my vu with the latest DE usb image and my box is stuck at the programming stage for the last 20min. I have flashed before and it was alot faster would it be safe to remove the usb stick and try again with a different image or is my box dead:eek:

Compo
17-07-10, 12:10
It's seems a normal for it to stay on programming with DE image.

Turn the power off at the back removed USB and power back on. It will boot

basilyoung
17-07-10, 12:14
have you got any sort of message showing on the units display window?
also can you remember any progress messages...ie, reading usb...updateing??
if there has been no responce for the amount of time you mentiond
I would be inclined to power off the unit
remove the usb, and reformat it, and attempt to reload the same image
if that fails, same again but with the official image
also have a read through the stickys, null modem (serial) update may also be an option
baz

Compo
17-07-10, 12:20
have you got any sort of message showing on the units display window?
also can you remember any progress messages...ie, reading usb...updateing??
if there has been no responce for the amount of time you mentiond
I would be inclined to power off the unit
remove the usb, and reformat it, and attempt to reload the same image
if that fails, same again but with the official image
also have a read through the stickys, null modem (serial) update may also be an option
baz

I guess programming. Well since he is stuck on programming.

Just power off and reboot mate it will boot into the DE image i have had this problem myself.

micscave
17-07-10, 12:34
I guess programming. Well since he is stuck on programming.

Just power off and reboot mate it will boot into the DE image i have had this problem myself.

Yep same as compo, I've had this too. Just follow compos instructions, it's worked for me every time.

satmanbasil
17-07-10, 13:27
Hi mate

First of all if im right Dream Elite cannot be installed on a USB stick , only in main flash.
I have had the same problem with a couple of images AAF and POD that froze whilst installing the image. The box cannot reboot unless you switch off and unplug the usb stick from the rear, however once you have managed to reboot with the flash image inside the box when you replug the usb stick in it will ask to be formatted so your have to reload your saved images again.

I have asked this question to find out if there was some way to telnet the box and kill the install and reboot it to the flash installed instead ... so far no one has replied if this method can be done.
One good thing i suppose with the VU+ is that you dont have to recover the box completely like you did with the kathrein when it crashed.
For this purpose when i install an image into the vu+ i have a file of all the bits (CCcam satellite etc) on hand to reinstall.

regards
satmanbasil

Compo
18-07-10, 15:43
Think you misread

Member was flashing his box from USB not using DE image in multiboot on usb

kegrka
18-07-10, 22:29
satmanbasil .i have installed DE 132. and then DE133 from usb stick,of course i downloaded the correct type of image to do this. and of course i installed them into flash. USB .zip as oposed to NFI.zip.not sure if i read ur thread correctly. apollogies if i didn't
cheers lets roll