PDA

View Full Version : ViX Team Vu+ solo Image v2.3

wazza_2
20-11-11, 14:20
hi i installed the new ViX Team Vu+ solo Image v2.3 but the version hdglass16_3.74 doesnt work, just wondering if anyone has had any luck with this skin and what version they installed , thanks

Larry-G
20-11-11, 14:37
it appears that this skin is no longer stable or compatible with ViX 2.3, you could try one of the newer versions i think the latest is v3.79. failing that you may need to drop the author a email.

wazza_2
20-11-11, 22:05
i got v3.79 working but then i started having trouble with ambx lights and restart took about 5 min, gone back to ViX Team Vu+ solo Image v2.2
can only think that they have spent more time on the uno,duo vu+ boxes

pooface
20-11-11, 22:56
i got v3.79 working but then i started having trouble with ambx lights and restart took about 5 min, gone back to ViX Team Vu+ solo Image v2.2
can only think that they have spent more time on the uno,duo vu+ boxes

No, as has been stated, these plugins are not the work of vix team. You will need to ask the author to see if he can update it for the latest vix image. A lot of work had been put in to the image, on all boxes, not just the uno and duo. I have a solo, that has been tested lots, and has had little problem with the vix images. But, I do not use this skin. However, using the box with skins that were created for it, I've had no problems whatsoever! Try using the box with default skins, and you will find no problems I would hope. If you have problems with the default skin, then by all means we will look in to that

Alias1
20-11-11, 23:23
Firstly is a dirty skin when you uninstall it it leads a shiload of crap on your box.
As stated contact the author so it will work correctly on the new vix image.
Lastly if none of the above appeals to you try doing a ipkg-unbuild and fix it your self.

basilyoung
20-11-11, 23:28
Firstly is a dirty skin when you uninstall it it leads a shiload of crap on your box.
As stated contact the author so it will work correctly on the new vix image.
Lastly if none of the above appeals to you try doing a ipkg-unbuild and fix it your self.

True Ozzy standard post, :zoom: to the point, no chance of missunderstanding :eek:

wazza_2
20-11-11, 23:29
i have tried the default skin and after a restart i go back into my ambx lights an it freezes on me , also the same with mytube, the picture quality looks sharper on the new firmware but i think i will wait till a new update comes out and stick with the 2.2. i have been looking on the duo 2.3 and it sounds like its not just me thats finding bugs but you guys are awesome at what you do so keep up the good work

Rob van der Does
21-11-11, 06:23
Glass-HD is what I would call "a nasty skin": it comes with a number of plugins, all of them can give trouble. Although Andy did a good job repairing a number of plugins, so they run nicely on ViX, I'm afraid this will not be possible for Glass.
And tbh: I hate it when a skin brigs so many other items. It is even hardly possible to de-install them.

As to AMBX: I take it you use the plugin that is on the feeds? You could try using the attached plugin.

wazza_2
21-11-11, 09:38
right, so hd glass is not something anyone recomends, can you tell me whether when i put a new image on it deletes it or do i have to go through filezilla to remove the files and if so how , thanks

pooface
21-11-11, 10:00
right, so hd glass is not something anyone recomends, can you tell me whether when i put a new image on it deletes it or do i have to go through filezilla to remove the files and if so how , thanks

When you install a new image on the box, it "formats" the box...

Think of it like re-installing windows. Unless you backup your info, it will be lost ;)