19/11/2011 - Open ViX 2.3

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9265

From VIX Team

Enigma: 18-11-2011.
Enigma Plugins: 18-11-2011.
GCC Version: 4.4.4.
Kernel Version: 2.6.18.
Drivers: 2011-11-14.

Because of a lot of changes behind the scenes of the image and building, you will not be able to perform an online update. A full flash is required for this version of ViX image. Due to many changes (a.o. renamed settings) it is strongly advised NOT to restore old settings. Of course channel-settings can be backed up using a setting editor and restored later. We strongly recommend that after installing channel settings from feeds or uploading your own that you re-scan all satellites used to avoid any future issues.

This revision of the image has undergone many different builds, hours and hours of coding/fixing, and we hope that you are now happy to reflash with the latest ViX image! :D

Team ViX Enchancements

New Features

Added items to the Information Screen - Added Devices and System Information to Menu -> Information. In Devices, you get all the information about connected devices on your box (HDD, USB and Network Shares), and System Information will show you your memory on your box (Swap, Free memory etc).
Added OSD Settings - This replaces the overscan option within the ViX image. Go to Menu -> Setup -> System -> OSD -> OSD Setup, and ensure the screen fills your TV set exactly to ensure that all menu options are shown correctly for your TV.
Added blindscan - Now, ET9000 and Vu+ Uno both have blindscan ability incorporated in to the image. And, best of all, a nice simple scan routine for it. You can choose to scan all horizontal and vertical polaritys, as well as high and low bands all in one pass. Save having to run the blind scan for each individually :thumsbup:.
Added support for HDMI-CEC - This image now allows you to control your box using your tv remote. Remember, this is still experimental at the moment, and can work differently between different brands of TV makes/models.
Added uShare - Allow the box to be detected by your DLNA devices that support this protocol. This can be configured under Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> uShare Setup.
Added AFP - The Apple Fileshare Protocol makes it easy for your OSX devices to find your box and use the box natively within the OS. This can be configured from Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> AFP Setup.
Added EPG Automatic Refresh/Save - These are useful for members who keep a single EPG datasource on a network share with multiple boxes. In Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> Settings, you have the option to choose a network location (as long as configured within the NetworkBrowser). If you use this, you might want to update the EPG data from this location automatically. So now you can using the Automatic Refresh option on a client box, and Setup the Automatic Save option on a server box (the box that update the epg data.). Do not use these options both on same box.
Added Automounts option - This allows the box to automatically recreate network mounts. If you've had times where the NFS of CIFS server has been restarted, or lost power etc, then you'll know that your box cannot access this network share. Well, as long as you have configured the share through the Mount Manager, then you can configure the Automount to automatically remount the share as often as you like by going to Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Devices -> MountManager.
Default Skin Change - The Default skin has been changed from ViX HD to ViX Day HD. Another ViX skin has been developed for download from the plugin server under the ViX section, called ViX Night HD. This is for those who want a darker skin for their image. Please report any skin issues you may find with the ViX Night HD skin. We think we have them all covered, but can't be too sure...
Many plugins translated/made translatable - Allows the plugins to display correctly the information in your own language (as defined on original setup).
Added seekbar functionality to the image - Allow you to seek within a recording playback to where you would like to be within the playback. To utilise this, please hold down the << or >> buttons on your remote, and the seekbar will appear at the top. Use the arrow keys on the remote to choose where you would like to seek to in the playback, and press OK to start playback from this point.
Added Image Download to Image Manager - This allows you to download the latest full image from the server, and flash it to your box. To access this, go to the Image Manager from with ViX menu, and press the help button. This will list all available images to download.
Lots more under the hood updates/enhancements - A few menu options and screens have become more integrated to their respective menus. For example, the Recording Paths menu is no longer required, as Timeshift Path is defined in Timeshift Setup, and Recording Path in Recording Setup.

Fixes

Corrected a number of plugins.
Updated network components, including better support for WiFi.
Updated translatability; updated German & Dutch translations.
Hidden several ViX-core functions from the plugin-browser.
Better handling of SWAP partitions by the Mount Manager.
Audio Button - The audio button now works as advertised.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red*** - Show current event.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - IMDB Database.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long Up/Down** - Open Simple TV List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.

** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Known Bugs

When using timeshift and a recording starts to take place, then you will not get a REC icon on the VFD.

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
zoka.cc for his Picon sets
all developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
'Rob van der Does' & 'belierzz' for their translation work.
Silverfox0786 for channel settings and picons.

Requests

If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian...

Download from HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?13174-ViX-Team-Vu-Uno-Image-v2-3-19-10-2011)

rmprest
19-11-11, 18:34
Hi all,

Just updated to 2.3, but i'm unable to pick up any channels and getting a weird pet error message for some reason.

All the settings are correct, and it works fine when i've reverted back to 2.2

Anyone else having the same issue?

Sicilian
19-11-11, 18:44
Hi all,

Just updated to 2.3, but i'm unable to pick up any channels and getting a weird pet error message for some reason.

Have you installed your softcam? Started your softcam > Blue button > Softcam manager. Have you installed your configs correctly?

andyblac
19-11-11, 18:58
Hi all,

after you uploaded your channel settings,and done a guy restart, can you run a full rescan. please

thanks
andy

rmprest
19-11-11, 19:29
Have you installed your softcam? Started your softcam > Blue button > Softcam manager. Have you installed your configs correctly?

Hi Sicilian, yes softcam all installed and started correctly

after you uploaded your channel settings,and done a guy restart, can you run a full rescan. please

thanks
andy

I'll give that a go, going to reinstall the new image now and try again, I'll report back shorly

rmprest
19-11-11, 19:55
Ok reinstalled the new 2.3 image.

One thing I notice different is when I've reflashed and the flash is complete, the box just starts up, on 2.2 \i see the message saying to remove the USB drive and reboot. That may be a new feature or one i'm not aware of but thought i'd mention it.

So image is set up correctly, exactly how it should be and how it works on 2.2. All sats setup at correct location (fixed dish) Uploaded channel list and cant even clear BBC HD or any FTA channels.

SNR & AGC both high but get error message saying "No data on transponder (timeout reading PAT)"

Restarted box, still the same. When I try to run a full scan it stays at 0% and nothing happens.

As i say, I go back to 2.2 and everything works fine !

andyblac
19-11-11, 20:02
Ok reinstalled the new 2.3 image.

One thing I notice different is when I've reflashed and the flash is complete, the box just starts up, on 2.2 \i see the message saying to remove the USB drive and reboot. That may be a new feature or one i'm not aware of but thought i'd mention it.

So image is set up correctly, exactly how it should be and how it works on 2.2. All sats setup at correct location (fixed dish) Uploaded channel list and cant even clear BBC HD or any FTA channels.

SNR & AGC both high but get error message saying "No data on transponder (timeout reading PAT)"

Restarted box, still the same. When I try to run a full scan it stays at 0% and nothing happens.

As i say, I go back to 2.2 and everything works fine !

try to update the FPGA. using the plugin. either download the update file using the plugin or link below. then ftp to box and choose the file to update, it take about 5 mins to update it

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/fpga/vuuno/4.4/

rmprest
19-11-11, 20:05
Is this through the Vix>software update option ?

I tried that but it says no updates available (or something similar)

I'll give it a go through USB, give me 10 mins and i'll report back

andyblac
19-11-11, 20:08
Is this through the Vix>software update option ?

I tried that but it says no updates available (or something similar)

I'll give it a go through USB, give me 10 mins and i'll report back

no, press LONG blue and choose FPGA

rmprest
19-11-11, 20:13
Got it, just updating now

rmprest
19-11-11, 20:25
Cheers andy that seems to have fixed it, never installed the FGPA update before so thanks for the info

andyblac
19-11-11, 21:02
Cheers andy that seems to have fixed it, never installed the FGPA update before so thanks for the info

np matey where are here to help. hope you enjoy the image.

rmprest
19-11-11, 21:04
I'm just happy that the audio button works as the audio button :)

Thanks again andy

silverfox0786
19-11-11, 21:56
I'm just happy that the audio button works as the audio button :)

Thanks again andy

andy is a trooper as you all know

hes so untochable even us mods need to make an appointment to even say hello to him

:lol3:

DeGea468
19-11-11, 22:32
Many thanks for the 2.3 and all the work that's gone into it.

Really like the Night HD skin, much better than the day one i think.

I've been playing with the new image for a while and so far haven't run into any major problems, so great job on the testing :thumbsup:

I have noticed a small bug though (screenie attached)

The 'Delete' 'Move' and the two others are not fully there as you can see, I noticed this on both the Day and Night Skin maybe Filebrowser needs updating for the new image or the other way around.

Not a major problem but i thought i'd mention it.

Also when i go to 'Swap manager' it won't detect my usb :confused:.. I have removed the usb and reinserted it then mounted again but still won't pick it up. I'm assuming its mounted right as my picons on the usb work fine.

Any ideas why swap manager won't see my usb?

silverfox0786
19-11-11, 22:38
reformat USB and try again

andy will look into the bug you reported

DeGea468
19-11-11, 22:48
reformat USB and try again

andy will look into the bug you reportedDo i reformat via the receiver? Setup >>> System >>> Harddisk >>> Initialzation? or Just reformat via my PC? if either which is better?

silverfox0786
19-11-11, 22:49
do it on the receiver that will make usb stick ext3 which is better

DeGea468
19-11-11, 23:34
do it on the receiver that will make usb stick ext3 which is betterThank you silver that fixed it :)

How exactly does 'Added support for HDMI-CEC' work?.. I assume i can use my TV remote to control aspects of the Vu+ Uno? just like i can use my Vu+ Uno remote to control my TV

With the autotimer say a new series programme is aired on a Sunday and a repeat is aired on a Wednesday, How do i set up the autotimer so it only reminds me on a Sunday for the new series? rather than on the Wednesday as well which i don't want to be reminded about.

So basically it reminds me for the new series only and not the repeat.

silverfox0786
19-11-11, 23:40
at the moment HDMI CEC is still beta stages and works for some tvs not the others i cant get it to work on mine but it works on my dads LG Scarlet

its just a new thing that tvs already have like viera link for pana, easylink for philips etc etc

i just turn mine off but have a play see if you can work it

Stanman
19-11-11, 23:42
Thank you silver that fixed it :)

How exactly does 'Added support for HDMI-CEC' work?.. I assume i can use my TV remote to control aspects of the Vu+ Uno? just like i can use my Vu+ Uno remote to control my TV

With the autotimer say a new series programme is aired on a Sunday and a repeat is aired on a Wednesday, How do i set up the autotimer so it only reminds me on a Sunday for the new series? rather than on the Wednesday as well which i don't want to be reminded about.

Set the autotimer to unique description but you will need to do this before Sunday but after Wednesday otherwise it will take Wednesday as the first recording and skip Sunday. Personally I leave it as is and check its recorded fine and than delete the other AT.

DeGea468
19-11-11, 23:47
at the moment HDMI CEC is still beta stages and works for some tvs not the others i cant get it to work on mine but it works on my dads LG Scarlet

its just a new thing that tvs already have like viera link for pana, easylink for philips etc etc

i just turn mine off but have a play see if you can work itDoes it just work straight away once turned on and with the right TV?

I noticed there's Fan Control now, wasn't in 2.2.. what is PWM Value?

silverfox0786
19-11-11, 23:49
not messed with the PWM on fan control

the hdmi cec should work as its default enabled but there is setting to play with so look at it and set it the way you like

DeGea468
19-11-11, 23:54
Set the autotimer to unique description but you will need to do this before Sunday but after Wednesday otherwise it will take Wednesday as the first recording and skip Sunday. Personally I leave it as is and check its recorded fine and than delete the other AT.

Thank you for this, i'll try this out.. I would do it your way but i don't usually record programs as i only have 1 feed at the moment :( so i just use zap rather than record that's why i'd rather not get zapped to a program i've already watched especially if it does it while i'm watching something else.

Stanman
19-11-11, 23:59
I record a lot and love the AT feature. Its not the same as Sly box but works the same as a Turkish made freeview box Tesco used to sell the name of which slips now.

DeGea468
20-11-11, 00:06
not messed with the PWM on fan control

the hdmi cec should work as its default enabled but there is setting to play with so look at it and set it the way you likeOh okay, I just don't want my receiver to overheat, Its on value 10 at the moment (default)

I record a lot and love the AT feature. Its not the same as Sly box but works the same as a Turkish made freeview box Tesco used to sell the name of which slips now.same, I would record more if i had the 2nd feed and yep i think the AT feature is great, Better than sly+.. AT is far more customizable once you understand it.

andyblac
20-11-11, 01:36

edit the auto timer and add a filter *Blue button irc, then add new filter for day of week set it to sunday. that will lock the timer check to ONLY happen on sundays.

judge
20-11-11, 01:43
also loving the Night skin, needs a night mute icon though...
says a lot when that's the only issue you find, well done guys.

punisher
20-11-11, 08:51
also loving the Night skin, needs a night mute icon though...
says a lot when that's the only issue you find, well done guys.

Thanks gor spotting that judge. Ill pass this on to get fixed.

ellblud
20-11-11, 12:23
Hi first of all i just want to say i love the night skin, The second thing is that i cannot scan any channels ive set up the tuner config etc and updated my xml but still come sup as no services found any advice?

andyblac
20-11-11, 12:38
Hi first of all i just want to say i love the night skin, The second thing is that i cannot scan any channels ive set up the tuner config etc and updated my xml but still come sup as no services found any advice?

you need to update your FPGA firmware.

download the update file from here

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/fpga/vuuno/4.4/

then ftp to your box in /tmp

press LONG blue select FPGA select the download file and choose update.

it will take about 5 mins to complete.

ellblud
20-11-11, 13:17
all sorted now thanks.

dfdream
20-11-11, 13:33
Well done all.
VIX going fronm strength to strength.
Andy I meant to say it earlier but maybe for the next update you might look at 1 thing in the autotimer.
Would it be possible to either put an option in autotimer so instead of adding a day of the week as a filter that by default you could enable that only the day of the timer is used and can be changed or turned off on an indivdual basis.
99% of the timers I have to add the inclusion of the day I want as the default records repeats on other days.
It would also make it easier for her indoors to set series link without recording several repeats or having to edit filters.

andyblac
20-11-11, 14:22
Well done all.
VIX going fronm strength to strength.
Andy I meant to say it earlier but maybe for the next update you might look at 1 thing in the autotimer.
Would it be possible to either put an option in autotimer so instead of adding a day of the week as a filter that by default you could enable that only the day of the timer is used and can be changed or turned off on an indivdual basis.
99% of the timers I have to add the inclusion of the day I want as the default records repeats on other days.
It would also make it easier for her indoors to set series link without recording several repeats or having to edit filters.

can you make a feature request ticket

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/openvix/support/tickets

rimas
20-11-11, 15:24
Thank you for the perfect image. :thumbsup: Love the Night HD skin. But there seems to be a little mistake. On audio selection buttons and text are not in right position.

captain jack
20-11-11, 16:29
Yes, I have the same in Day HD skin too. No biggie though :)

andyblac
20-11-11, 16:32
thanks guy's i have fixed this for update soon. :) cheers andy.

captain jack
20-11-11, 18:23
One MASSIVE difference is that ALL of my crappy DiVX/XViD files now play perfectly :D

DeGea468
20-11-11, 19:38
I thought i'd point out another slight cosmetic bug, but just goes to show the fantastic work and testing that the ViX team have done when there are no major issues and less than a handful of visual issue again great work on 2.3 :thumbsup: and on the ViX_Night_HD skin love it :D

The 'Text' button is out of place on the screens where there is a text button.. on 'Log manager' 'Backup Manager' 'Image Manager' etc

SkyNet
20-11-11, 21:51
Great image my VU+ Uno works like a charm once more.
I have a small issue the menus seem to be stretched out of the borders of the screen. In ViX 2.2 it was fine right out of the box.
Any idea how to fix this?

basilyoung
20-11-11, 22:17
there will be a fix for this soon, via an online update, as per post 37, a few postings back

DeGea468
23-11-11, 02:20
Thank you to the ViX Team for getting the visual bugs fixed great stuff :thumbsup: Quick update to :). bugs/requests from posts #28 #35 and #39 are all fixed. However the font bug in post #15 was missed and wasn't fixed unless that's a issue with Filebrowser?

Also i think i've noticed a issue with scheduling backups. I have picked weekly but yet its still backing up what looks like every two days :confused:

I made a manual back up on the 19th for both backup and image and also setup the weekly backup.

I've just had a look and it made a backup on the 21st and the next scheduled back up is on the 23th which shouldn't be right as its set to weekly.. really it should say 26th from when i made the back ups

Also when i change it to 30days the 'Next Backup:' date doesn't change to account for the 30days and stays on 23th.. with 2.2 image it changed date based on daily, weekly and 30days

Has anyone else noticed this?

rmprest
23-11-11, 09:50
In the menu settings there is an option for OSD, that will enable you to adjust the borders so they fit your screen

DOS54
23-11-11, 11:07
Hi and thanks for the new image - great stuff.

I used to make use of the volume control buttons on the VU+ remote on VIX 2.2 - these dont seem to work on VIX 2.3 - any ideas?

DOS54
23-11-11, 12:08
Soz my previous post about the volume buttons on the VU+ remote should be on the DUO thread!

andyblac
23-11-11, 18:20
Thank you to the ViX Team for getting the visual bugs fixed great stuff :thumbsup: Quick update to :). bugs/requests from posts #28 #35 and #39 are all fixed. However the font bug in post #15 was missed and wasn't fixed unless that's a issue with Filebrowser?

Also i think i've noticed a issue with scheduling backups. I have picked weekly but yet its still backing up what looks like every two days :confused:

I made a manual back up on the 19th for both backup and image and also setup the weekly backup.

I've just had a look and it made a backup on the 21st and the next scheduled back up is on the 23th which shouldn't be right as its set to weekly.. really it should say 26th from when i made the back ups

Also when i change it to 30days the 'Next Backup:' date doesn't change to account for the 30days and stays on 23th.. with 2.2 image it changed date based on daily, weekly and 30days

Has anyone else noticed this?

atm, every time you save the config, it will make a new backup on that day then wait 7 days before doing another, i will look at adding an option of what day to choose but for now set the backup on the day you want it to be made and leave it, do not re save the schedule.

andyblac
23-11-11, 18:24

can you give a fullscreen grab on the screen ?

DeGea468
24-11-11, 05:42
atm, every time you save the config, it will make a new backup on that day then wait 7 days before doing another, i will look at adding an option of what day to choose but for now set the backup on the day you want it to be made and leave it, do not re save the schedule.Oh okay i understand, I think an option to choose a day would be good but as of when i checked earlier your right as now it running with the weekly option.

can you give a fullscreen grab on the screen ?

Just thought i'd share for anyone that wants a fullscreen shot, nice easy pain free method

go to your desktop browser and type your receivers ip address then the word grab so it will look like this '192.168.x.x/grab'

silverfox0786
24-11-11, 16:30
Oh okay i understand, I think an option to choose a day would be good but as of when i checked earlier your right as now it running with the weekly option.

Just thought i'd share for anyone that wants a fullscreen shot, nice easy pain free method

go to your desktop browser and type your receivers ip address then the word grab so it will look like this '192.168.x.x/grab'

easy way to grab is telnet in and just type

grab -j100

captain jack
26-11-11, 00:35
Does anyone have an issue with the picture freezing but sound continuing with poor signal levels? Occasionally, a picture breaks up due to signal disruption and will freeze but the sound will continue fine. I need to change channels back and forth to get video back. It didn't do it with 2.2 image.

Stanman
26-11-11, 00:37
All fine here. You using a local card?

captain jack
26-11-11, 01:03
Happens on all, local, remote, FTA... If there's any interruption in video stream, the picture freezes, while sound carries on.

DeGea468
26-11-11, 01:41
Does anyone have an issue with the picture freezing but sound continuing with poor signal levels? Occasionally, a picture breaks up due to signal disruption and will freeze but the sound will continue fine. I need to change channels back and forth to get video back. It didn't do it with 2.2 image.I have had this a couple of times as well, hasn't happened enough for it to bother me but from your post sounds like it happens to you quite a bit.

rimas
26-11-11, 10:08
You could try to install new beta drivers.
- Fix video problem(at 20111114)

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/beta/vuplus-dvb-modules-vuultimo-2.6.18-7.3-4.4.3-20111122.tar.gz
My box works fine with new drivers.

Larry-G
26-11-11, 10:17
Happens on all, local, remote, FTA... If there's any interruption in video stream, the picture freezes, while sound carries on.

Are you sure it's not a sign that your dish is possibly misaligned or your LNB faulty ?.
I have been using a Uno for close to 8m months and only ever once had such a problem but then it was raining so hard it was bouncing a inch off the ground. As for this being a ViX 2.3 issue, i have never encountered that in all the many months i have been running the image. Im not saying that you are not having problems but i would think it more related to your dish / lnb or even coax than the image.

Ezee
26-11-11, 21:15
Enjoying this great image whilst coming from the factory image I can find my way with most features but I cannot seem to find where to activate the long up/down arrow function for the simple tv list or any of the mapped buttons for that matter, can anybody point me there ? Because the ' VIX' menu as pointed too does not provide them for as far as I can see or I am misunderstanding what is meant by that. And I have a short question about the channel listing; is there a setting provided that can show if the individual channels are encrypted or FTA ?

trapex
27-11-11, 01:35
@captain jack, I've had this issue a few times and a restart of the box seems to solve it...it seems to me that the system starts crashing and the restart sorts it out. I too haven't had this issue before so its not the dish as Phoenix suggested as it was fine on 2.2 and other images.

Rob van der Does
27-11-11, 07:25
is there a setting provided that can show if the individual channels are encrypted or FTA ?
Unfortunately no, there isn't.
This is one of my top 5 wishes.

canthackit
27-11-11, 09:25
i'm still having problems with this image mainly on the epg side of things, it's still crashing when trying to access the EPG setting see log.

now when i try to do a manual install for the epg it sets the spinner off and from then it's on and off the whole time it's downloading, to a certain point where it's now for instance germany/austria and it's locked up completely, i'm sorry to say this image is not working anywhere near as good as 2.2.100, so long as i can get the VIX "night" skin for the previous version i shall be going back to that.

sorry guy's i know you worked long and hard on producing this image, but i'm afraid it just aint working right for me.

thanks & regards: canthackit

Sicilian
27-11-11, 09:31
i'm still having problems with this image mainly on the epg side of things, it's still crashing when trying to access the EPG setting see log.

now when i try to do a manual install for the epg it sets the spinner off and from then it's on and off the whole time it's downloading, to a certain point where it's now for instance germany/austria and it's locked up completely, i'm sorry to say this image is not working anywhere near as good as 2.2.100, so long as i can get the VIX "night" skin for the previous version i shall be going back to that.

sorry guy's i know you worked long and hard on producing this image, but i'm afraid it just aint working right for me.

thanks & regards: canthackit

ViX_Night will not be available for 2.2.100.

I asked this of you before, when posting a crashlog can you past an exact step by step of what you done to make it crash.

I've got three receivers here and none have any epg issues, maybe its just you? How you've set it up?
Start a threat including the info I've asked for and post your EXACT epg setup.

Are you using XMLTV import or Crossepg? Looks to me that you cancelled a epg import mid-way.

canthackit
27-11-11, 09:47
i'll start another thread as you suggest.

but it's not difficult to understand the method i use to down load the epg, i always use the RYVIX epg it's the main reason i use VIX images or as it's known as now XMLTV, because in general it's by far the best epg program, i get to that by the obvious method menu>setup>system>epg>epg importer, the sources are already setup so i just press the yellow button that sets the spinner off i get the ok to procede click "yes" and away it goes, only then to get to any given point the spinner comes on and stays on....... and it's just locked up again at the point i mentioned above.

Sicilian
27-11-11, 09:55
i'll start another thread as you suggest.

but it's not difficult to understand the method i use to down load the epg, i always use the RYVIX epg it's the main reason i use VIX images or as it's known as now XMLTV, because in general it's by far the best epg program, i get to that by the obvious method menu>setup>system>epg>epg importer, the sources are already setup so i just press the yellow button that sets the spinner off i get the ok to procede click "yes" and away it goes, only then to get to any given point the spinner comes on and stays on....... and it's just locked up again at the point i mentioned above.

My preferred method is using Crossepg.

Use openTV sources for 28.2 and XEPGDB sources for anything else.

Also how many sources are you selecting?

canthackit
27-11-11, 10:10
Boss

i've used VIX images from day one and never had a problem with any either Ryvix or xmltv, they've been the most thorough and easy to use and populate all the sources i use 8 of them>>> /erotic/france/germany&austria/italy/greek in english/spain/sweden/and good old blighty ;).

as i type i've just tried a manual install again this time it's locked up in italy.

crossepg has never populated all my sats only XMLTV does that.

i've just had to pull the power it's locked up completely, you know me Boss if any one single person is going to get a problem it'll be me :D

regards: canthakit

Sicilian
27-11-11, 10:15
Boss

i've used VIX images from day one and never had a problem with any of them, they've been the most thorough and easy to use and populate all the sources i use 8 of them>>> /erotic/france/germany&austria/italy/greek in english/spain/sweden/and good old blighty ;).

as i type i've just tried a manual install again this time it's locked up in italy.

crossepg has never populated all my sats only XMLTV does that.

i've just had to pull the power it's locked up completely, you know me Boss if any one single person is going to get a problem it'll be me :D

regards: canthakit

The problem you have is your selecting too many sources so it using to much memory importing them. Where are you storing the epg? Also the XMLTV uses rytec sources with can be slow. Also try lowering the days worth of epg your grabbing.

canthackit
27-11-11, 10:23
i used to use a 128 Meg swap now i've deactivated it.

but i have to say it worked exactly the same with or without:rolleyes:

so what i'll do is setup the swap again and try only downloading half the sources.

regards: canthackit

canthackit
27-11-11, 10:40
just tried again.

this time i never had a swap setup and only 5 sats, all went well until it got the the 4th one sweden.... off went the spinner for about 3 mins and then box just rebooted it's self...it never completed sweden or the final sat and nothing was saved.

so gonna try the same 5 sats but with a swap activated :eek:

canthackit
27-11-11, 11:08
would'nt let me setup a 96 meg swap.

so setup a 64 meg that worked.

setup sources>>>>>>>>>>germany/italy/spain/UK

downloaded no probs got 155231 events about the right number i'd say :D

so it would appear that i need to have a swap enabled and limit the amount of sources each time, it don't like to many sources at once (this is a bit of a pain having to keep chopping and changing)

punisher
27-11-11, 11:34
Ive been using xmltv importer and i used to have similar problems as you apart from the rebooting but u are right, there seems to be a limit to how much you can download before ur box locks up. I did the same cut down number of sources and it seems to be perfect everytime now and i dont use a swap file either

Larry-G
27-11-11, 11:39
To be fair the Uno has so much memory you should not need a swap file i never use one my self, also cutting down on the amount of sources always helps no matter what box.

canthackit
28-11-11, 16:04
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

all this posting and i'm in the wrong section:D:rolleyes:

sorry guy's i'm talking about the Duo :rolleyes:

Cougar
01-12-11, 11:04
Put this image on last night and wasn't very happy with it and reverted back to v2.2.
The initial problem was that it would not let me use the remote that I use for my VU solo (2.2 was fine for this). I had to use the UNO remote.
The other problem was the screen was not proportional, icons and text would not allign correctly when listing channels on my widescreen Samsung.
I did an update and I still couldn't correct the Screen sizing or remote issue.
This Image needs some serious work before I re-consider putting it on.

Larry-G
01-12-11, 11:09
Put this image on last night and wasn't very happy with it and reverted back to v2.2.
The initial problem was that it would not let me use the remote that I use for my VU solo (2.2 was fine for this). I had to use the UNO remote.
The other problem was the screen was not proportional, icons and text would not allign correctly when listing channels on my widescreen Samsung.

well the image has already had a lot of serious work put into it but we did not take those who cant read instructions into consideration
you have to setup your OSD = on screen display when you flash to 2.3.
menu/setup/system/OSD/OSD setup.

also if your problem is with the solo why have you posted in the uno thread ?

Rob van der Does
01-12-11, 11:11
All the serious work has been done, but apparently you didn't even try to correct those items:

The 2.3 release for the UNO comes with a number of plugins;
1- One plugin is for changing the R/C code. So you could easily have changed it to code 1 (which is the code for the DUO/Solo R/C);
2- Another is the OSD-settings plugin, allowing the OSD to be adjusted for the amount overscan your TV is using.

I have no problem whatsoever if you don't like an image, but please give it a fair chance and ask for help if you encounter any problem. We are happy to help you; that is part of our serious work.

Cougar
01-12-11, 14:36
well the image has already had a lot of serious work put into it but we did not take those who cant read instructions into consideration
you have to setup your OSD = on screen display when you flash to 2.3.
menu/setup/system/OSD/OSD setup.

also if your problem is with the solo why have you posted in the uno thread ?

The problem is on my Uno, but I also have a Solo downstairs and use the remote on both boxes and the Solo one does not work on the UNO with v2.3
I'm not having a 'dig', just stating that it has'nt worked for me despite all the fiddling around even with the OSD settings.
V2.2 is good enough at the moment, so I might as well give 2.3 a miss for now.
Hope that makes things clearer.

DeGea468
01-12-11, 16:10
This last bit is a very harsh thing to say and theres honestly no need for it. I understand your having issues and i know how frustrating that can be but nothing in life on the most part is perfect, with that said the ViX team have done an absolute fantastic job on v2.3 and serious work has gone into making the image what is it, Its by far the best image that i have used.

I feel its a great improvement on v2.2 and i'm very very happy with it, Yes for other users there maybe one or two issues but the forums are here for you to ask for help if you have no luck fixing it yourself or you haven't found the solution via searching the forums, i myself have asked for help before and the ViX team and other users have been very quick and helpful.. I personally feel this image for me and for the vast majority of people i'm sure is near on perfect and the ViX_Night_HD skin is the cherry to top it all off along with sliverfox0786's picon's for me

Cougar
02-12-11, 14:40
I took on board what you have said and tried the new 2.3 image on the vu solo and it worked great.
I'll have another go at putting 2.3 on the UNO tonight and let you know how I get on.

xing88
15-12-11, 21:44
Hi guys,

I have installed ViX 2.3 on an Uno for a friend. As soon as I change the skin from Day HD to Night HD, the machine crashes when I try to record anything.

When using Day HD skin, records perfectly. I have the crash log if anyone would be kind enough to look at it for me.

Many thanks.

Stanman
15-12-11, 21:48
Post up the crash logs here or use log manager to send them to us.

xing88
15-12-11, 22:02
Hi Stan,

As you can see, i'm new to this forum! Can I just copy and paste the contents in here?

Stanman
15-12-11, 22:03
No the log is likely to exceed the characters allowed in the post.

You better of downloading it to your desktop using filezilla and attaching it to your post

xing88
15-12-11, 22:10
Thanks Stan, i've got the file...how do I attach it to a post?

Can't see which button.

Larry-G
15-12-11, 22:11
also make sure the image is fully upto date.

blue button / vix / software update.

xing88
15-12-11, 22:11
13288 Found it!

xing88
15-12-11, 22:17
Yeah, I have done the update a couple of times Stan.

Thanks for looking.

xing88
17-12-11, 07:57
Can anyone tell me how to enable the web interface? When I look in long blue and go into web interface, it says it is enabled.

However, when I browse from PC to IP address of Uno, i get page cannot be displayed.

This was enabled by default on my Duo.

Thanks.

Rob van der Does
17-12-11, 08:04
Should work now as well. You might have a look at which port is open in the WEB-IF config: if it's any other then 80 you should add the port to the web-address in the browser.

andyblac
17-12-11, 14:02
13288 Found it!

you are running GM please run a online update.

xing88
17-12-11, 19:56
Have now sorted most..re-flashed and installed Night skin after update. As opposed to what I did originally, which was to install image, download Night skin from blue button and then software update.

One issue I am having, I can see picons when i change channels in bottom left, but can't get them to display in EPG. Any ideas?

Can i say, this is the first time I have used an Uno and paired with this Vix image, it is pretty impressive.

Thanks for your work on the image and your continued help.

Stanman
17-12-11, 20:44
in EPG press menu and than enable picture in graphic and change no of items per page to 5

chrispeters
19-12-11, 04:03
caused a problem with my remote this image some how lol ...
The power button on my VU uno remote turns off and on my TV now ? and messed up my harmony remote which dosnt function correctly either ( sorta turns the box off then on again) i tried re learning the infra red which ironed out some probs but not all .
i have had to go back to 2.2 and everything is fine again . please can we have the audio button fixed on 2.2 ?

Rob van der Does
19-12-11, 05:03
The power button on my VU uno remote turns off and on my TV now?
Correct. If you don't wan that, just de-activate HDMI-CEC.

I tried re-learning the infra red which ironed out some probs but not all.

Nothing has been changed in that area at all.

I have had to go back to 2.2 and everything is fine again. Please can we have the audio button fixed on 2.2 ?
We have been working on that: it's all in 2.3.......

Pleas give yourself the chance to handle all the "issues" you encountered in 2.3, and all will be fine!

chrispeters
19-12-11, 13:07
im gonna have another hour on it today. i will post results in a bit , i have a brand new harmony 700 coming today )

chrispeters
19-12-11, 13:29
dont know what all the fuss was about ...
Found the overscan on my tv and turned it off.. installed 2.3 and this time everything worked flawless ? lol
no messin of the OSD required at all , fit perfect first time ... the new harmony 700 works a treat .
The image is superb .
Glad i didnt let it beat me !!! well done guys and all the best .

dfdream
03-08-12, 22:54
Just installed Vix 2.4 on DUO from original 2.3.
Delighted to see that ye have incorporated this request int the image.
It works a treat....
Thanks Andy and gang....

can you make a feature request ticket

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/openvix/support/tickets