PDA

View Full Version : Sky to realise limited edition hd+

tandaman
19-11-11, 00:45
Sky has announced a series of limited-edition Sky+ HD set top boxes launching for Christmas, customised by high profile designers including Matthew Williamson and Agent Provocateur.

The 1TB designer boxes have been produced to celebrate ten years of Sky+, the service that enables users to record programming, as well as pause and rewind live television. More than one billion programmes are now recorded every month by the 8.3m Sky+ users in the UK.

This Christmas, Sky is launching ten special edition Sky+ HD boxes, customised by high profile designers including Williamson, Richard Nicoll, Agent Provocateur, fashion legend Celia Birtwell CBE, jewellery designer Solange Azagury-Partridge and wallpaper brand Farrow & Ball.

Available now for pre-order, the boxes cost £49 each for existing Sky customers upgrading to the HD pack, or £149 for new customers taking the HD service.

Discussing his design, Williamson said: "This is a print I have taken from my new SS12 collection; the collection had a slight Japanese influence, notable here in the cut out areas of the Tokyo skyline visible within the distorted floral motifs.

"I wanted the edges to appear neon and light-phased and have recoloured my original print in electric blue with a synthetic mint green contrast to emphasise this effect of blurred illumination".

Sky's director of product management Hilary Perchard added: "We're really excited about working with such a high-profile selection of designers to celebrate ten years of Sky+. These designs will really stand out in our customers' homes.

"Sky+ has been innovating for the past ten years and we continue to do so, updating and bettering the service in line with consumer trends."

The 1TB Sky+ box enables subscribers to record up to 240 hours of HD, or 740 hours of standard definition programming, as well as watch one channel while simultaneously recording another two.

In April, Sky won a landmark legal case over customs duty on imports of Sky+ boxes, after successfully arguing that the receiver is not primarily a recording device.

The company yesterday announced plans to revamp its 'remote record' Sky+ mobile app, introducing series link functionality for the first time and a refreshed design on Android.