PDA

View Full Version : sat signal strength

pgtips
16-07-10, 14:06
i finally found thor thanks to everyone that helped me along the way.
i get 55% on thor and channels work well.

the problem is when i move to sky

struggling getting around 35-45%

what am i best off doing altering the evalution on the dish, i am using usals ta

bobonthejob
16-07-10, 15:01
You can alter it slightly if you tweak your Longitude....may get a bit of improvement. Use the sat positioner program to tweak it.

I dont that and upped it by 55. Obviously the bes thing would be to get it re-alligned... :D

paul362
16-07-10, 17:07
i finally found thor thanks to everyone that helped me along the way.
i get 55% on thor and channels work well.

the problem is when i move to sky

struggling getting around 35-45%

what am i best off doing altering the evalution on the dish, i am using usals ta

I would set the dish to thor and go to a channel with the lowest sig then gently move your dish up or down and get the best signal you can, after that move the dish left and right untill you cant get the signal to increase anymore, lock it all up again and navigate to sky and see if your signal is better ? if its not then double check your motor elevation (mine is around 53 here in surrey).

pgtips
16-07-10, 20:18
many thanks for the replys but i think it could be the lnb as its only on the sky transponder where i am having the probs, anything above 50% seems more than stable. i am getting bbc world on thor at 70% i think it could be the lnb that need tweaking i was going to alter the dish elevation.

i will give the dish long and lat a tweak ta

paul362
17-07-10, 09:35
No problem pg if you have another lnb spare fit it as its not unknown for some lnb's to be fussy with certain receivers.

SLOTH
17-07-10, 10:02
Pg have you tried other channels on 28 e ..your arch maybe slightly out .
cheers
sloth

pgtips
17-07-10, 17:40
hi yes i have tried other channels and some work and some dont m8, some i get 40% and some less than 10 thats what i am thinking i think i need to adjust the elvuation on the dish and either tilt it forward or backward and se if that helps.

as on other sat ie hotbird i am getting above 50 and on thor too ta