PDA

View Full Version : No AAC audio?

captain jack
17-11-11, 23:36
Hi,

On a lot of Meo TV channels on 30W, I get no audio from some channels at all. I noticed that these channels have audio in AAC-HE format - does the Uno not support these?

Using VIX 2.2 with AC3 downmix set to on. Connect to TV via HDMI.

Any ideas?

CJ

captain jack
18-11-11, 19:07
Noone have any ideas?

cypchris
18-11-11, 21:07
I had same issue but it worksv on vu duo works but solo and UNO don't seem to be decoding the sound are you getting a buzzing noise like you say says acc he format no option for mpeg I never got to the bottom of it in the end

captain jack
20-11-11, 12:47
I don't even get buzzing, it's just silent. Strange thing is, I think it did work at one point but I don't know what I've done to break it - I certainly haven't changed anything. May try a different image and see if it works.....

captain jack
20-11-11, 17:30
Installed the new FPGA upgrade as well as VIX 2.3 but no better. Still silence on AAC audio tracks :(

captain jack
20-11-11, 19:16
Fixed :D Must use CCcam 2.2.1... 2.1.4 didn't work.

cypchris
20-11-11, 21:04
did not work for me on solo or et5000 vix2.3 cccam 2.2.1 on solo tried today still nothingon meo 30w aac-he no sound

Sicilian
21-11-11, 06:48
Ok on Uno with Oscam.

guyclark
02-04-18, 19:14
Hi, everyone!

I apologize for resurrecting an old thread, but it seems to be closely related to my problem, and a solution didn't seem to be provided.

I'm using a Vu+Solo4K receiver in the USA. One channel I am very interested in has the issue written about here: I can't hear it through the receiver.

It shows up as AAC, but someone with a stream reader on another forum tells me that it's actually AC3. I can copy the recorded transport stream to my laptop, and with no effort on my part, play back the video and hear the audio. I can also record the program simultaneously on another of my dishes using a GeoSatPro microHD receiver, and hear the sound through the TV without any special effort on my part.

Other channels show multiple audio types that I can select between. This one only shows AAC. None the other audio choices listed above this audio type seem to make a difference. Even feeding audio out from the SPDIF port to an external surround sound decoder doesn't help (although other channels play through it with no problem).

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem? Is there a driver that i can install on my receiver that will play the audio?

Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanx!!!!

Guy Clark
Los Gatos, CA, USA

btw: the program in question is on 103W on the channel identified as MicroHD7. The other MicroHD channel plays fine, but it has other Audio types listed. Video is fine, on both.

abu baniaz
03-04-18, 02:30
Most of us are in Europe, reception of the satellite is not going to be possible.

Do you have a raw stream recording of the broadcast, not a normal recording.

Trial
03-04-18, 08:26
Hi,
I think downmix works for AAC as a lot of streaming is done with AAC audio. Try enabling downmix in audio settings.

Ralf

adm
03-04-18, 18:50
Hi,
I think downmix works for AAC as a lot of streaming is done with AAC audio. Try enabling downmix in audio settings.

Ralf

You may have to select the "expert" option mode to see additional options in the AV menus such as AAC downmix (may also depend on box)

Menu -> Setup -> System -> Customise -> Setup mode = expert

guyclark
04-04-18, 16:59
Most of us are in Europe, reception of the satellite is not going to be possible.

Do you have a raw stream recording of the broadcast, not a normal recording.

Hi!

I believe that I'm recording a transport stream (.ts)

I know I've been doing that in the recent past.

Thanx!!

Guy

guyclark
04-04-18, 17:00
You may have to select the "expert" option mode to see additional options in the AV menus such as AAC downmix (may also depend on box)

Menu -> Setup -> System -> Customise -> Setup mode = expert

Hi!

I don't recall seeing an "expert" options setting, but I'll look and see.

Thanx!!!

Guy

guyclark
04-04-18, 17:02
Hi,

Ralf

Hi, Ralf!

I think I've checked the effect of changing the options at the top of the audio screen. Unless I have to restart the receiver between option changes to make it take effect, I haven't seen any improvement.

Thanx!!!

Guy

guyclark
04-04-18, 17:12
Hi, everybody!

As I'd mentioned earlier, someone over at Sat Forums (here in the USA) checked the stream using some stream reader software, and said that it's mis-labeled as AAC, and it's really AC3. I'm thinking that my Geosat microHD receiver doesn't look at the stream identifier, and that's why I can hear the sound when I look at (and record) the channel in question.

On another channel, I noticed that I couldn't hear people talking on screen, but I heard the background music. By going to the Audio screen, I was able to select another option, and get the expected mix of speech and music. I didn't have to reboot the box to do this. This other channel had three or four audio format options (which I don't remember at this time.... :-/ ) Alas the channel I've been asking about only has the one option.

Hopefully, someone here (maybe even me!) will have a revelation, and we'll get this thing working!

Perhaps the developers could add the ability to manually select the codec to be used for a given channel? They've added a lot of other good stuff!!

:)

Thanx!!!

Guy