PDA

View Full Version : Faulty Vu+ UNO ?

zdunas82
17-11-11, 21:56
Hi all,

For the last 3 weeks I have been having some serious problems with my Vu+ Uno receiver. When I try to watch a film (*.mkv) in mediaplayer, the box freeze and I have to do a hard reset (power off/on on the back of stb), it happens to all the films so i know its not a damaged mkv file, and i have to say that i was able to watch mkv's with no problems for 2 month before that happened.
The same issue i have with timeshifting and recording while watching programs, the box just freeze and cant do anything just hard reset. I know its not a hard drive because I have tried 3 different ones, 80GB, 160GB, 2TB, it happens to all of them. It even happens when I play a film from a pendrive. I have also upgraded FPGA to 4.4 and i am using the newest drivers from 14.11.2011. I have tried all available firmwares, OFFICIAL one (6.0), Blackhole 1.6.6, VTI 3.2, ViX2.2, OpenPli 2.1, the same issue on all of them.
Do you guys know what might be wrong with the box? I am so fed up with it now that I think i am gonna send it under warranty and ask for replacement, cause i dont think its a software related issue. If you have any ideas please let me know. Many thanks!