PDA

View Full Version : False timer conflicts from AutoTimer

foggy
15-11-11, 16:52
Hi,

Running Vix 2.2 and getting the following problem: AutoTimer reports false timer conflicts when finding a matching program even though there is no other existing / conflicting timer.

The error message AutoTimer displays list the matched new program twice declaring a timer conflict and then not adding anything to the Timer list.

Any suggestions?

Stanman
15-11-11, 21:23
There are no other timers in the timers list at all? Have you scrolled to the end?

Also check the autotimer settings as there is one to disable entry of a timer if there is a conflict, try enabling it and see what gets populated into the list.

Donnie
15-11-11, 21:46
Press menu > timer and then delete or disable any you may have left.

foggy
15-11-11, 22:49
Interesting. I think I found the bug (I assume its a bug).

As suggested by Stanman and Donnie, I deleted all the existing timers and then let AutoTimer rescan the EPG and it did find and add all the programs correctly.

However, one timer was added as a disabled timer as it was overlapping with a previous program. Once I manually enabled that conflicting timer, AutoTimer no longer works correctly, unable to to add any new timers (in non-conflicting time periods), always reporting a conflict with the program to be added (kind of seeing double).

There is another bug associated with this, which probably is caused by the same issue: I use the TV-Browser software on my PC to search and set timers on the Vu+ Uno (via the Recording Control plugin which uses the WebIf interface on the Uno). This throws up an error message if, as above, I manually enable a conflicting timer on the Uno and then try to add a non-conflicting timer via TV-Browser. As soon as I delete the manually enabled conflicting timer, it all works.

On a side note: the reason I manually enabled the conflicting timer in the first place was as it was set to start recording at 8pm, when a previous timer was set to stop recording. Is this supposed to be like this? I mean, surely one timer stopping at 8pm and another timer starting at 8pm should not represent a conflict?