PDA

View Full Version : ET5000 green screen - wont start up

sea beesty
13-11-11, 15:21
Hello I am looking for some help please

Bought new ET5000 from the sponsors a few weeks ago. Also decided I wanted wifi and got myself a D-Link dwa 140 dongle.
After reading how to set this up I could see that the vix image I have been using (2.2.100) may not work with this dongle.

Reluctantly flashed a new image yesterday, power of dream.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10602-Power-of-Dream-ET5000-27-08-2011

This worked fine. I didnt attempt wifi as wanted to make sure image was ok first before i changed any settings. When I powered down the box in the evening i got a green screen.

i have tried reflashing with vix 2.2.100. yellow light comes on, up button pressed, yellow and green light up for a few minutes, and then red and green lights up and stays on and on and tv has a green screen. i tried reflashing with power of dream image again and same problem in that red/green lights up and green screen.

i have 2 usb sticks and tried both.

wish i waited for 2.2.3 now !!

how can i get ET500 to re-start ?

help appreciated,
thanks

Cucosat
13-11-11, 19:11
Did you install the new bootloader? (does it say ET5x00 on the display instead of ET5000) ?

sea beesty
13-11-11, 19:31
i dont think i have - was careful to make sure i didnt do that as i understand you cant go back from it

drspiros
13-11-11, 20:21
Probably your receiver has the new bootloader. In this case you have to rename the folder from et5000 in et5x00 AND delete the file boot.bin from the folder!

sea beesty
13-11-11, 20:38
on my usb stick that i used to flash i have some crash files.

three are attached.

can anyone use these to find a solution ?

sea beesty
13-11-11, 20:44
also i have crash files from power of dream image. these are attached
help !!

sea beesty
13-11-11, 20:52
hello drspiros

when i rename folder to et5x00 and delete boot.bin file and flash, the box goes straight to red/green lights. at no point does orange/yellow come on.

get "xtrend, the smarter gateway to linux" or something like that, message on tv screen for a minute and then green screen

punisher
13-11-11, 21:27
Try downloading the image again from a different browser incase the download is corrupt. Format ur usb to fat32. Transfer the vix image to usb. Switch box off, plugin usb and start box. When orange light is on, hit the up arrow on front of box and let it flash and reboot itself, do not take usb out jus leave it in there n let it do its thing till the install wizard comes on screen. Thenu shud b able to setup fromthere. Let us knw how that goes

sea beesty
13-11-11, 22:38
hello punisher

i reformated usb
downloaded vix image from link below, from silverfox link that linked to pooface
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9746-ViX-Team-ClarkeTech-Xtrend-ET5000-Image-v2.2.100-21-07-2011

tried reflash, yellow light, press up button, yellow and green lights come on and then followed by red/green and green tv screen. crash files attached

also tried the following download and get same result
http://search.4shared.com/search.html?searchmode=2&searchName=ViX-2.2.100-et5000_usb

punisher
13-11-11, 22:46
Im not sure why its doing that but suma wrong somewhere. Ill get a dev to look at this tomorrow. Just bumpthe thread tomorrow to remind me incase i forget lol

Sicilian
14-11-11, 10:20
Have you flashed any bootloaders to the ET5000? If not download ViX 2.2.100, and place on USB stick for flashing.

The re-name the file called noforce to force. This should then flash the image without the need for pressing any buttons. Only do this if you've not flashed any bootloaders.

sea beesty
14-11-11, 20:14
hello Scillian
tried that. i didnt get a single yellow light, it went straight away to yellow/green. after a minute or two went to red/green and tv screen is still green

99.9% sure not flashed any bootloaders. only flashed pod and vix image (links given before where these came from)

still not working.....

drspiros
15-11-11, 20:47
I think it's better to upgrade the bootloader. Don't be afraid about downgrading, as old images can also be installed with the new bootloader. Follow the instructions at the et-view.com site and, after the bootloader, install the image in the same page. (USB must be formatted in fat32, not ext3)

Stanman
15-11-11, 20:50
I think it's better to upgrade the bootloader. Don't be afraid about downgrading, as old images can also be installed with the new bootloader. Follow the instructions at the et-view.com site and, after the bootloader, install the image in the same page. (USB must be formatted in fat32, not ext3)

Am afraid thats an old wives tail, yet to be proven.

Larry-G
15-11-11, 20:53

if you can provide proof then by all means do, however no one has yet managed to do this. by all means if people wish to upgrade their bootloader go ahead but they will not be able to use the current ViX 2.2.100 image they will have to wait for ViX 2.3.

sea beesty
15-11-11, 21:11
i dont really want to upgrade bootloader with so much advice against it.

also if box is broke i wouldnt want anyone saying that i had loaded on something that was the cause of it !

Stanman
15-11-11, 21:15
I would redo everything from the beginning mate, so reformat the USB stick, download image and unzip with winrar, put the folder onto the USB and try again, if that fails try another usb stick.

basilyoung
15-11-11, 22:58
@ seabeasty

where are you based?? ( just approx location ) there might be a senior member close to you

sea beesty
15-11-11, 23:44
couple of miles from canterbury (kent)

tried brand new usb stick (fat32). downloaded vix 2.2.100, same result. downloaded Egami 1.2
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9841-Egami-1.2-et-5000

same result
if there is someone near me who can help that would be great.

also noticed that the front usb slot on the et5000 isnt working - i have to use the rear 2 to get a usb recognised

world-of-satellite.co.uk
16-11-11, 07:06
Hi,

Please PM us your order details so that we can arrange return to test and inspect the unit, then If faulty we will arrange repair.

drspiros
16-11-11, 07:47
if you can provide proof then by all means do, however no one has yet managed to do this. by all means if people wish to upgrade their bootloader go ahead but they will not be able to use the current ViX 2.2.100 image they will have to wait for ViX 2.3.

Well... actually I have already update bootloader and afterwards I have loaded ViX 2.2.1 and Egami 1.2 by simply renaming the folder and deleting the boot.bin file.

Sicilian
16-11-11, 07:52
Well... actually I have already update bootloader and afterwards I have loaded ViX 2.2.1 and Egami 1.2 by simply renaming the folder and deleting the boot.bin file.

Well please provide a Youtube video proving this.

I'd like to see you flashing a latest image that uses the latest bootloader and see you flashing ViX 2.2.1.

ViX 2.2.100 is not compatible with latest bootloader. Now either provide solid video proof or stop posting mis-leading nonsense that could render someones receiver useless!

I challange anyone with a ET receiver to prove me wrong. If I'm proved wrong I will sincerely apologise and send a gift to whoever proves me wrong!

drspiros
16-11-11, 19:21
Challenge accepted! Although I don't like to waste my time by answering in similar fascistic questions ("provide solid video proof or stop posting mis-leading nonsense") as we try to share our experience and not to convince anybody to do something against his will, I accept the challenge because you seem a reliable person (more than 9000 posts, more than 8000 thanks) and you WILL keep your promise to send me a gift! I have already installed the latest bootloader from here http://www.et-view.com/main.php?no=159&category=2&board=ET5000 (that was a month before). Then I installed the latest CT image from here http://www.clarke-xtrend-support.com/Forum/showthread.php?4310-New-File-Added-Clarke-Xtrend-Support-Image-V3-for-et-5000 (of course I have also tested the last beta PLi images). A few minutes ago, I installed the ViX image from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9746-ViX-Team-ClarkeTech-Xtrend-ET5000-Image-v2.2.100-21-07-2011, of course by renaming the folder in et5x00 and deleting the file boot.bin. Piece of cake! I'm ready to send you the video with the ViX image. (But, just to be honest, how can I prove to you that the new booloader is installed?)

Sicilian
16-11-11, 19:42
To prove the new bootloader was installed you will need to have a video of both ViX 2.2.100 and a upto date image that uses the new bootloader named et5x00, may video flashing the latest openpli build.

Stanman
16-11-11, 19:44
DrSpiro Video will need to be continouse and first box needs to run 9X00 image and next 9000 image, will need to see VFD at boot up.

Sicilian
16-11-11, 19:45
DrSpiro Video will need to be continouse and first box needs to run 9X00 image and next 9000 image, will need to see VFD at boot up.

He's flashing on et5000.

Stanman
16-11-11, 19:49
:o:o:o in that case substitute the 9 to a 5:)

drspiros
16-11-11, 20:04
Are you serious? Continuous video? Every flashing is taking about ten minutes, you want a 20 minutes video? What do you think, that I am a film director or am I being judged here and I need to prove my innocence? I'll send two videos, the first one with the last image and another with the old one. I don't care if you believe it or not. I'm not earning anything, I just want to let you know that what I'm saying is possible.

Sicilian
16-11-11, 20:37
Are you serious? Continuous video? Every flashing is taking about ten minutes, you want a 20 minutes video? What do you think, that I am a film director or am I being judged here and I need to prove my innocence? I'll send two videos, the first one with the last image and another with the old one. I don't care if you believe it or not. I'm not earning anything, I just want to let you know that what I'm saying is possible.

Well thats the only way to prove it. Even Xtrend dev's have told us older images are incompatible and we have tried too. Anyways upto you m8ty.

drspiros
16-11-11, 20:58
Now, just seat on your couch and enjoy a 5-minutes continuous video demonstrating how you can go from a last PLi image back to a ViX 2.2.1 one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcbvg224h8c

(P.S. Do you need my address to send the gift?)

silverfox0786
16-11-11, 21:51
Now, just seat on your couch and enjoy a 5-minutes continuous video demonstrating how you can go from a last PLi image back to a ViX 2.2.1 one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcbvg224h8c

(P.S. Do you need my address to send the gift?)

yeah mate pm me yr addy and you will get a gift to remeber me by forever

i reckon silverfox the name will be sinonimous after you see what i ya

drspiros
16-11-11, 22:14
What are you talking about? First, I haven't spoken about et9000 but about et5000, second the receiver is not connected to a TV but to a projector. After all, I don't care what you think, I've done what I've been asked for and that's all, if you don't agree, don't take the risk! But stop bullshit!:mad:

P.S. I have only tried to help the guy with the dead receiver, I never told to anybody with a working receiver to do anything! I don't know how I was trapped to explain these procedures to you people, but I really don't care if you want to update or not. After all, I think upgrading is not really necessary if your receiver is OK. It's your business, it's totally indifferent to me!

Larry-G
16-11-11, 22:26
What are you talking about? First, I haven't spoken about et9000 but about et5000, second the receiver is not connected to a TV but to a projector. After all, I don't care what you think, I've done what I've been asked for and that's all, if you don't agree, don't take the risk! But stop bullshit!:mad:

rite this thread is slowly but surely going no where, so i am going to ask that people calm down otherwise i am going to lock and dump the whole thread.

Sicilian
17-11-11, 06:25
Well I've tried again on a ET9000, same thing, old image does not flash correctly and receiver stops booting until a new correct image is flashed. I'm look at your video again later.

drspiros
17-11-11, 13:45
I repeat for another time that my receiver is an et5000 model, not an et9000 one. May be this is an important difference.

hadzo7
23-11-11, 20:52

I've tried this on my ET5000 and it realy works. Just rename the folder in to ET5x00 and delete the boot.bin file. Start the tuner. Press first the middle button and press then the up button. :thumbsup:

sea beesty
08-12-11, 22:23
back on topic of the thread......

box was sent back and new motherboard and security board fitted.

working again now.

site sponsor was superb - would recommend

Larry-G
08-12-11, 22:29
back on topic of the thread......

box was sent back and new motherboard and security board fitted.

working again now.

site sponsor was superb - would recommend

yeah he's a really nice bloke and always goes out of his way to help.