PDA

View Full Version : Sat reciver for bedroom

sivhead
10-11-11, 10:00
I have finally saved up enough money for a new satellite reciever for the bedroom (its took me long enough). I have a vuduo downstairs connect to the LAN direct to a Wireless N router cant remember what its called the free one you get with Virmin. The new receiver will be in the bedroom so will need a wireless N dongle (wired is not an optoin) and must be able to play recorded HD content from the VUDuo downstairs. Has anyone got this type of configuration set-up..

I guess I would need at minimum a vusolo and a Tenda W150M or similiar wireless dongle...

If someone can confirm that this will seamlessly play HD content (using the VIX or pli image) that would be brilliant.
I remember a while back that the open pli image had an issue with the local LANs link speed. This was noticed when copying large files from the hard disk to my laptop. (the bottle neck was the vu Duo)...

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sicilian
10-11-11, 10:06
No wireless bridge will play HD recorded content from a networked receiver. I'd recommend at a minimum 200mbps homeplugs http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Networking-Homplugs/Technomate-TM-200-HP-200Mbps-Homeplugs-Home-Plug-AV-Ethernet-Adaptor-with-Simple-Connect-Twin-Pack

Take a look at the VU+ Solo and the Xtrend ET5000, both have the 200mbps homeplugs at an optional extra, discounted to £47.00.

Sicilian
10-11-11, 10:14
Btw, dont forget this ;) http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12662-%A35-discount-off-any-satellite-receiver-we-stock-to-forum-members-only!

pooface
10-11-11, 17:26
Just as an update ...

Remember, that the boxes only have a 100mb network connection, so if you get the 200mb homeplugs shouldn't matter... Maybe the 150mb wireless could work, but I wouldn't be able to confirm, and have always found wireless to be less reliable than homeplugs...

After all that's said & done, I have 200mb homeplugs connected to my box, and works perfectly streaming from nas, recording to nas, streaming hd over partnerbox etc...

sivhead
10-11-11, 18:47
Excellent pooface thats what I like to hear. Pooface you didnt mention what sat recievers you have is it 2 VU duos and whatimage do they have installed on them ?

I assume its a vuduo vu solo using the beta of VIX image,. according to your signature

pooface
10-11-11, 20:44
Excellent pooface thats what I like to hear. Pooface you didnt mention what sat recievers you have is it 2 VU duos and whatimage do they have installed on them ?

I assume its a vuduo vu solo using the beta of VIX image,. according to your signature

Yes, vuduo to vusolo to et9000. All work fine. Altho tonight, I did try a 1080p mkv file to the et9000 tonight from my nas, and it stuttered... Not sure whether it was because of network transfer, or not being able to handle to mkv file?!

Rob van der Does
11-11-11, 08:11
Don't forget that the results of Homeplugs can be very different in several scenario's: for a start the mains needs to be on the same circuit for all components.

Stanman
11-11-11, 19:58
You mean same consumer unit as circuit can be different.