PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox 9000HD......or not?

Ant1942
09-11-11, 01:28
I think that I've decided to buy the SpiderBox 9000HD.
Anyone have any comments on this box before I buy it?
I don't see much difference between the 9000 and 9900.

punisher
09-11-11, 02:17
Give the sponsor a pm here on the forum or send him an email and im sure he'l be able to guide u to what u need

wazza_2
09-11-11, 07:32
they are very slow channel change and well known for freezing, if you want a cheep box i would buy a vu+solo all day they are well worth the money

punisher
09-11-11, 08:42
Or the xtrend et5000. Its a fantastic linux box and supports the awsome vix image. I got the solo too and i love that box so u got a few choices. As i said have a word with the sponsor and see what suits ya

Sicilian
15-11-11, 14:56
For a non-linux box they're pretty good, the 9900 has a newer CPU and is much faster.

silverfox0786
15-11-11, 15:13
yeah i have to agree with sic on this one im a major linux fan but for a non linux a spider is brilliant

only thing i will say its a *!;./x+ to find what to do on the remote

somtimes when adding items in menu or wrtiting text its not just a simple scroll to OK button but rather a series of buttons that i can never remember to get to OK

But once your fluent in spider then it wont ensnare you in its web of annoyance and is a fun box to use

paul and kay
15-11-11, 17:51
Hi , another none linux box to look at would be blade media 7000s is a very good receiver . Picture quality very good easy to get on with and lots of help from forum. Depends on what you want from receiver ,with me its just ease of use lets say if you know what your doing you can get lots of enjoyment from this receiver lots of channels.:)

acco
16-11-11, 12:46
My experience of a Spiderbox 9000 was great but I found it weakness to be the CS side of things and that was my only reason for getting rid of it. Glitching or freezing is its downfall & you'll only notice this when you get into the CS side of things.

moogwai
19-11-11, 13:06
God......I brought a spider when they first arrived .......and must say I had so much trouble with it freezing.....so got rid and brought a duo. But in saying that....I now use the spider as a second box in the bedroom and must say the freezing issue is better but still dont like the thing and will be getting another duo soon.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

Sicilian
19-11-11, 13:12
God......I brought a spider when they first arrived .......and must say I had so much trouble with it freezing.....so got rid and brought a duo. But in saying that....I now use the spider as a second box in the bedroom and must say the freezing issue is better but still dont like the thing and will be getting another duo soon.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

Have you loaded the latest patched firmware? Should fix freezing issue.

marcus1975
20-11-11, 01:22
Have you loaded the latest patched firmware? Should fix freezing issue.

hi

what date is the latest patch

silverfox0786
20-11-11, 02:08
its the only patch in downloads that is the network patch

fixes issues with network freezing