PDA

View Full Version : Hard disk shared on lan with Vu+??

p1nkm00n
08-11-11, 12:42
Hi!
A simple question...I hope:

I have a router linked with my VU+ solo, so I would use Vu+ (Vix) to share an usb Hard disk on lan/wlan, with its ip assigned.

How to make it possibile?
Thanks!

mcquaim
09-11-11, 08:24
Hi there,

This is possible alright as I'm doing the same. I am not in front of Vu so this from memory..

Think it's menu, settings, system, network, network browser and then browse to select the folder on the network drive and maybe it's the green button to mount that location under the media folder with any name!

Then in you media player you can select this name under the media folder!

I will confirm later this eve when I get home if somebody else hasnt already..

mcquaim
09-11-11, 19:44
Hi there,

I wasn't 100% accurate but close..

The approach is:

Menu-->Setup-->System-->Network-->Device Setup-->Network Browser.

You then browse your network for the shared drive and select a folder you want to use. Select Ok to mount that folder and it will then pup up with a message asking if you want to enter a username & password for this folder, select no.

It will then open a new window with various options. I only ever change the local share name. If you then hit Ok then this folder on the share drive will be available to your Vu+.

Cheers,
mcquaim

p1nkm00n
09-11-11, 20:14
Hi there,

I wasn't 100% accurate but close..

The approach is:

Menu-->Setup-->System-->Network-->Device Setup-->Network Browser.

You then browse your network for the shared drive and select a folder you want to use. Select Ok to mount that folder and it will then pup up with a message asking if you want to enter a username & password for this folder, select no.

It will then open a new window with various options. I only ever change the local share name. If you then hit Ok then this folder on the share drive will be available to your Vu+.

Cheers,
mcquaim

Thank you for your answers.
Does it work for net hard disk or usb hard disk too? My external hdd is USB...

mcquaim
09-11-11, 21:01
I'm not sure, mine is not USB I'm afraid.

Follow those steps and see if your USB disk is visible in the network browser step above!

Best of luck!

sivhead
10-11-11, 00:03
Are you just trying to access the content of the hard disk from a pc or from another satellite reciever. if you are just trying to access from a pc open windows explorer and type in the address bar at the top \\vusolo