PDA

View Full Version : OpenPLI and Cccam?

cacs
07-11-11, 19:58
Hi people my 1st post, excellent forum here.

I need a bit of help i have just flashed open pli image on my dm800 but I can't install cccam. I went to plugins pressed green but get no plugins found. I tried to do it manually but still no luck unless I am doing it wrong. I have flashed other images and still get no plugins found.

Can anyone help me it's driving me insane? Thanks!

Stanman
07-11-11, 20:15
Go into network and run a network test and post back what that comes back with, sounds like you have now net connection.

cacs
07-11-11, 20:26
Ran network test and everything ticked fine. Everything working.

punisher
07-11-11, 20:56
Hmm in the adapter settings under Nameserver, try adding ur isps dns settings. Also reboot modem/router and box and see if tht works

fintannl
07-11-11, 21:11
i've had similar issues with dream elite. now i know the cccam ipk is fine but when i put in /tmp and manually installed it it said it was successfully installed but it never showed up in the cam list. the only way around this i have found is to load the tunisiasat plugin which then gives you multiple cam options and if you select the openpli one it will then install correctly. its very strange that a cam that used to install in the past simply will not do so of recent times. anyway the tunisiasat plugin will sort you, just make sure to search through the options so you select the correct cam for the correct image type

Comfysofa
19-12-11, 11:15
Ok - i dont fully have the answer as im currently setting mine up at the moment (got mine a week ago - 2nd 800 with dvi) been through the pain of busted motors and faulty LNB's, im at work at the moment so i cant definately confirm. Im using the pli image running from barry allen so its not in the flash, but, i was trying to get mgcamd on there last night and found that if you download an ipk file you need, pretty well a specific build of (in my case mgcamd) for the image youre running - i tried for ages to get any cam on there and once i found that out mgcamd went straight on.....ive got an ipk for CCcam but never got it on there as i left it scanning sats last night. Ill post back tonight but i thought if i let you know what i found then you might sort your problem out before i do....hope that helps.

thfccambs
19-12-11, 20:22
Do you have Open PLi latest image?
2.1 beta? The older images 2.0 isn't supported any more.

Alias1
19-12-11, 20:41
Christ it aint rocket science look under /etc/init.d/
Grab the mgcamd config file put it on your desktop and make the changes so it will look for CCcam;ftp the new file back load the CCcam binary in /usr/bin/ chmod it to 755 get the CCcam.cfg file and stick it in /etc/ amd run it.
To bloody hard then use the attached file here and stick it /etc/initd/

bassethound
19-12-11, 20:59
Christ it aint rocket science look under /etc/init.d/
Grab the mgcamd config file put it on your desktop and make the changes so it will look for CCcam;ftp the new file back load the CCcam binary in /usr/bin/ chmod it to 755 get the CCcam.cfg file and stick it in /etc/ amd run it.
To bloody hard then use the attached file here and stick it /etc/initd/

If you want to help out over members great but please be polite as not all members my have the same knowledge as you and every one starts out as complete novices in are satellite hobby even you!

Alias1
19-12-11, 22:51
If you want to help out over members great but please be polite as not all members my have the same knowledge as you and every one starts out as complete novices in are satellite hobby even you!
Sorry man lack of sleep I apoligise to the person in question.
Back to the main problem download a program callled putty.
Then telnet to the box and ping your name server from the decoder that works then ping google get back to me on how you go with that :)

Comfysofa
20-12-11, 14:10
Hi Alias.....

dont want to incur the wrath but im learning here also.....the advice i gave was just what i had found so far (probably wrong but theyre you go) - again, im probably wrong and please put me right but i thought init.d was a kind of script folder if you will? and by putting that file there that you posted (i grabbed it too thanks very much) thats just a script to run something? but theres nothing to run??

on the vu i have i put the config folder for CCcam in folder a. (whatever that is - i cant remember) and then dump the actual bin file in folder b. /usr/softcams i think - restart the box and hey presto there it is....doesnt seem to work for the DB800 though - the only time ive gotten a cam to go on (MGCamd) ive had to dump an ipk in the root folder "/" and then do a manual install from the remote....or if youre lucky to find an image that has an external link to download cams through the interface...

Comfysofa
20-12-11, 14:12
Oh sorry - im using the nightly build of open pli and i do understand that theyre not all the same - i think this is the reason why most people (me included) struggle with manually installing cams...

Alias1
20-12-11, 15:07
Hi Alias.....

dont want to incur the wrath but im learning here also.....the advice i gave was just what i had found so far (probably wrong but theyre you go) - again, im probably wrong and please put me right but i thought init.d was a kind of script folder if you will? and by putting that file there that you posted (i grabbed it too thanks very much) thats just a script to run something? but theres nothing to run??

on the vu i have i put the config folder for CCcam in folder a. (whatever that is - i cant remember) and then dump the actual bin file in folder b. /usr/softcams i think - restart the box and hey presto there it is....doesnt seem to work for the DB800 though - the only time ive gotten a cam to go on (MGCamd) ive had to dump an ipk in the root folder "/" and then do a manual install from the remote....or if youre lucky to find an image that has an external link to download cams through the interface...
Okay its pretty simple using my method extract the file I gave you and place it /etc/init.d
Now you can load any binary CCcam mipsel version call it CCcam place in /usr/bin chmod it to 755.
Now you need a file called mg_cfg and a file called newcamd.list in /usr/keys examples of these are found all over the net but if you need help I can give you specifics via PM.
Again I apologise for my intial comments it was 3 in the morning here and I couldnt sleep not that that is an exuse; I used to pride myself by helping newbies out :)

Comfysofa
20-12-11, 16:51
Thats ok - everyone gets that way now and again. im at work at the moment but when i get home ill try the above and see what i get....thanks again....

MrShush
04-03-13, 21:49
Sorry man lack of sleep I apoligise to the person in question.
Back to the main problem download a program callled putty.
Then telnet to the box and ping your name server from the decoder that works then ping google get back to me on how you go with that :)

hi, i know its a while later but having this very problemhttp://www.world-of-satellite.com/images/smilies/confused1.gif, i too am a noob at this. im on the openpli on a dm8000 hd, did this work?

martin