PDA

View Full Version : How to get cccam login details from my box before updating?

ins1337
07-11-11, 17:36
Hello!

My VU+ Duo was provided with a now outdated Vix (i believe 2.0 or something) and I want to update it.

Before I do I need to work out what my CCCam details are, as a friend of mine originally set it up and never gave me them.

Can somebody please advise which file I have to backup and replace once updated / or advise how I can find out the details from reading an existing file?

Many Thanks,

ins x

punisher
07-11-11, 18:02
If you ftp into ur box and go to etc/ folder and copy CCcam.cfg as thats where ur configuration is stored and other files too named CCcam

ins1337
07-11-11, 19:02
Brilliant - as easy as replacing that file once im done?

:)

punisher
07-11-11, 19:11
Thats not it, u will need to install cccam 2.2.1 again after you hve flashed the new image and then copy that cccam.cfg file back. Look in my signature below for a tutorial to install cccam on the vix image. That will get you vack again, but you will also need to backup ur favourite channel list too as that will disappear when you flash the new image

Alias1
07-11-11, 20:31
Hello!

My VU+ Duo was provided with a now outdated Vix (i believe 2.0 or something) and I want to update it.

Before I do I need to work out what my CCCam details are, as a friend of mine originally set it up and never gave me them.

Can somebody please advise which file I have to backup and replace once updated / or advise how I can find out the details from reading an existing file?

Many Thanks,

ins x
Now why would you want to do that unless you are a naught boy and card sharing CCcam will basically work out of the box all you need is a couple of lines in it

ins1337
07-11-11, 20:59
Thats not it, u will need to install cccam 2.2.1 again after you hve flashed the new image and then copy that cccam.cfg file back. Look in my signature below for a tutorial to install cccam on the vix image. That will get you vack again, but you will also need to backup ur favourite channel list too as that will disappear when you flash the new image

Thanks again - are there no images that come with cccam pre installed?

Stanman
07-11-11, 21:03
Very few, DreamboxUK is the only one I know of but for usability and ease of use, only one image stands out and thats VIX. It is a two minute job to install CCcam via IPK

canthackit
09-11-11, 11:05
VTI is the image to use it's got everything you need in the downloads :eek:

apart from the correct .cfg lines of course :confused:

regards: canthackit