PDA

View Full Version : moving channels, sorting

sssboa
06-11-11, 13:48
Hi
Is there any possibility to move channels within the list at the box level or do linux boxes not support such lame functions from cheap receivers? Also how to add to favourites?
Thanks
Andy

Larry-G
06-11-11, 13:51
it's far easier and much quicker to do any editing you may want with a dedicated bouquet editor such as dreambox edit or dreamset etc.

sssboa
06-11-11, 13:58
it's far easier and much quicker to do any editing you may want with a dedicated bouquet editor such as dreambox edit or dreamset etc.

Thanks, though I expected this answer :)
I tried those editors but it seems I need some time to learn them. I find funny that philosophy behind linux boxes. You are supposed to browse internet using your satbox but sort channels using your PC :) , really convenient :)
But thank you for swift reply any way.
Regards
Andy

Larry-G
06-11-11, 14:37
The thing is these boxes and i mean all linux based receivers, are hobbyist boxes heck all boxes not issued by a service provider for that matter. meaning the time and money for nice neat channel lists that work from the second you first power the box on has not been utilized. Fox example look at sky uk. There you have over 1000 channels and to put those in some order other than the default alphabetical order, by a remote control will take you a age, where as doing it by a computer will easily quarter and more that time.

i know it's a pain in the bum but you can always try modifying one of the hundreds of premade bouquet packs to your liking, but you will have to do the same every time your provider makes so much as a frequency change.

sssboa
06-11-11, 17:15
Thanks
Dreamset does not see my lists from Catseye.
I will try to use DreamboxEdit.
But when I upload the list using vucc all I get is alphabetical list by Satellite.
In DreamboxEdit I load the Catseye list and see tv bouquets: e.g. under 28.2E there are like 20 lists like Sky UK, BBC/ITV and so on. Then I load this list into the box and all I get is alphabetical lists of channels by Satellites :(

Larry-G
06-11-11, 17:17
there is no need to use VUCC use dreambox edit to both edit and transfer the bouquet back to the receiver.

sssboa
06-11-11, 17:21
there is no need to use VUCC use dreambox edit to both edit and transfer the bouquet back to the receiver.

In DreamboxEdit I load the Catseye list and see tv bouquets: e.g. under 28.2E there are like 20 lists like Sky UK, BBC/ITV and so on. Then I load this list into the box and all I get is alphabetical lists of channels by Satellites

sssboa
07-11-11, 00:57
OK, thx I got the hang of this.