PDA

View Full Version : Issue using Tenda W150M

nodroga
05-11-11, 09:16
Hi, I've just installed a Tenda W150M which I have connected to my Humax FoxSat Satellite receiver, and can now get IPlayer through my BT Home Hub, however I cannot now access the internet using any other wireless devices that connect through the W150M. They connect and can see my internal network, but that's it, unplug the W150M and all is ok again. Running a tracert from such a device comes back with "Unable to resolve target system name www.bbc.co.uk". Any help with this would be gratefully accepted.

Sicilian
05-11-11, 09:30
Have you configured the Tenda W150M as per the guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11478-Review-and-Guide-to-setup-the-Tenda-W150M-WiFi-N-150mbps-Wifibridge-for-all-Receivers

After fully setup make sure you reboot it, then whilst still connected to PC set the PC to DHCP and reboot, then try access the internet from the PC with the Tenda connected. Also reboot the Homehub and make sure DHCP is enabled in the homehub and the Foxsat receiver.

Data
05-11-11, 10:31
are you using a switch connected to the tenda? a switch will not give a dhcp address.

nodroga
05-11-11, 11:08
I've configured it as per the guide, and it has been rebooted. I can connect to the internet through the p.c. with the Tenda connected, and the Foxsat also connects no problem. I've just re-booted the Home Hub and can confirm that DHCP is enabled in both HomeHub and FoxSat. The issue is that my laptop and mobile can no longer access the internet when placed near the Tenda, but work fine if I move them to near the Home Hub. I am not using a switch.

Data
05-11-11, 17:09
sounds like the tenda is on the same channel. try changing the channel on the tenda to a different channel.

nodroga
05-11-11, 17:34
The channel on Homehub is set to Auto, whilst the channel on the Tenda is 8 on both the "Client Settings" page and the "Wireless Basic Settings" page