PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] so how to install plugin from .ipk file?

sssboa
04-11-11, 23:56
Hi
I saw all possible tutorials but did not see nothing on installing plugins having ipk file.
thanks
Andy

Stanman
05-11-11, 00:01
FTP the file into the TMP folder on the box, (I am assuming your on VIX?) press blue button>VIX>Install local extensions - highlight it and OK.

Larry-G
05-11-11, 00:01
there are easily dozens of posts on the forum both asking and answering how to do this.

FTP the .ipk file to /TMP on your receiver then press the blue button on your remote go to ViX>install local extension. there you will see the .ipk and you can go from there.

basilyoung
05-11-11, 00:02
just ftp the ipk file to the temp folder on the unit
then blue button twice ( i think ) select manuel install
and you should see the file you want to install, select install, and that should be it

Stanman
05-11-11, 00:05
LOL we must have all been typing at the same time:D:D, Baz, your slow mate - 2 minutes past:eek:

basilyoung
05-11-11, 00:09
na...just crafty,...last post showing wins ( again ) accurate or not :wave:

huey45
05-12-12, 23:00
Hi Guys i tried to follow your guide how to install .ipk files but looking on my box
there is no tmp folder, can i create one and whats the procedure, bear with
me im a noob to linux... im on vix very latest image

Stanman
05-12-12, 23:00
Its there for all the boxes, you may need to go further back in the file tree to see it

Larry-G
05-12-12, 23:03
if you cant find /tmp look in var/volatile/tmp

huey45
06-12-12, 00:26
Hi phoenix

Your right thats exactly where i found tmp folder
in other versions its in /tmp
Regards

roddypiper
23-02-13, 18:46
just ftp the ipk file to the temp folder on the unit
then blue button twice ( i think ) select manuel install
and you should see the file you want to install, select install, and that should be it

Hi m8,

I installed CCcam 2.1.7 on my Solo 2 running BH 2.0 image. I have since learned that these cams wont work with this image? Therefore, I was advised to dl trr plugin, which I did and installed. The previous cams I did not uninstall first. Now I am at a bit of a loss as all my time over the last few days was spent chasing these cams. Would you have any advice as to my next steps to help me on my way to getting the cams and/or trr plugin to be productive for me?