PDA

View Full Version : ViX Team ClarkeTech/Xtrend ET9x00 Image ?

vicutu
04-11-11, 18:49
Expect new image for Clarke Tech Vix ET9x00

Larry-G
04-11-11, 19:21
it will be released when it is ready.

toxic
05-11-11, 00:11
Come on guys, every team has a new one , its your turn. Im waiting this image like kid a candy ;)

Larry-G
05-11-11, 00:12
see post 2.

Cucosat
05-11-11, 02:11
You should be called VIX Realms ;)

drphibes
06-11-11, 23:44
While we all like the idea of new images I think the way Vix are released is the best. The current one I am using 2.2 is very good so while a fresh image is always welcome there is no massive reason to roll it out before the team is confident it is stable.

Rob van der Does
07-11-11, 06:15
Come on guys, every team has a new one , its your turn. I'm waiting this image like kid a candy ;)
We are really very sorry to disappoint you. Our fault is that we only want to release an image if and when we are convinced that all major bugs have been solved. And I can assure you that this philosophy costs a lot of time, but will save you a lot of trouble.

Having said that, I realize that in spite of all our work our image will also contain bugs, that we leave for you to find. Not because we want that, but because it is inevitable. Let's only hope they are minor bugs indeed.

Aslain
08-11-11, 15:44
I wanted to try new CT V3 image, and flashed my ET's bootloader, now I cannot get back and got stuck on their release, I am sure there is more like me. Once you flash it, you cannot get back to ViX 2.2 anymore, thats why some people are angry.

pooface
08-11-11, 15:46
I wanted to try new CT V3 image, and flashed my ET's bootloader, now I cannot get back and got stuck on their release, I am sure there is more like me. Once you flash it, you cannot get back to ViX 2.2 anymore, thats why some people are angry.

That's why we put the warning in the release thread...

I can understand the frustration, but when other images are rushed out, it causes problems for the end users also...

Sicilian
08-11-11, 16:05
One thing we wont do is release an image that is less stable/relaible than the current public image. Whats the point in rushing something out and then end up with a forum full of moans?? When we are happy, it will be released.

Rob van der Does
08-11-11, 17:28
One thing we wont do is release an image that is less stable/relaible than the current public image. Whats the point in rushing something out and then end up with a forum full of moans?? When we are happy, it will be released.
Yeah, fully second that. A couple of days more won't make any difference; quality first.
Ans we also mustn't hurry Andy, or push him to hard: he is absolutely doing his utmost to bring a stable, good working image out. I do have some idea about how much time and energy that costs him (and the rest of the team as well)!

halflife
09-11-11, 11:07
yes, you can! make foleder named et9x00 on usb stick and put inside old bootloder files and install it. then you can use old image et9000

Rob van der Does
09-11-11, 11:13
yes, you can! make folder named et9x00 on usb stick and put inside old bootloder files and install it. then you can use old image et9000
Don't be too sure about that: I know of many people who couldn't revert to the old images.

Sicilian
09-11-11, 13:52
yes, you can! make foleder named et9x00 on usb stick and put inside old bootloder files and install it. then you can use old image et9000

Before making statements of this kind, please test yourself and you willl see that your wrong! If you are succeding in doing this please post a youtube video proving it :D

Joe90
09-11-11, 14:11

Good point well made.... We should all remember that there should be a "need for change", and not just "change for change sake". And as you say I want to enjoy using the box for its prime purpose "Viewing", rather than wasting my time and yours moaning.

It will be ready, when its ready, and given that its free, how can I complain !!:thumbsup:

toxic
14-11-11, 00:39
i need it, i need it alot, give it to me!!!!!1 ;)

punisher
14-11-11, 01:10
I need it tooooo :p

basilyoung
14-11-11, 01:40
Before anyone "upgrades" the drivers or any front end update, they should check first, that its advisable

at the end of the day, warnings were posted, and once the mistake is made, it will need to be lived with, untill a stable image is available,

vicutu
19-11-11, 21:40
Image for ET9000 ???????????????????

silverfox0786
19-11-11, 21:55
please await admins to make a comment on this

im85288
20-11-11, 17:21
Is the 2.3 version available for vu duo compatible with the et9000?

Sicilian
20-11-11, 17:23
Is the 2.3 version available for vu duo compatible with the et9000?

Off course it isn't, if it was we would have released it lol!

Sicilian
20-11-11, 17:24
Read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?13196-Xtrend-ViX-ET-Series-images-coming-soon

vicutu
26-11-11, 16:34
[Little hope for the ET9X00-image VIX-TEAM

Stanman
26-11-11, 16:37
Image will be released, it is being worked and tested.

We do not release untested images, look at the DUO release and the number of downloads to issues speaks volumes of how thoroughly we try to test the image before we release.

vicutu
26-11-11, 16:43
ok boss.............

Rob van der Does
26-11-11, 16:50

Image will be released, it is being worked and tested
We do not release untested images, look at the DUO release and the number of downloads to issues speaks volumes of how thoroughly we try to test the image before we release.

ok boss.............
Nothing to do with "bossing" here. Why would you suggest or even think there would be little hope? :confused:

Larry-G
26-11-11, 16:57
ok boss.............

so basically you just came here to complain and winge ?. well good luck on that one because regardless of your opinions and protestations we will release the ET series images when we are good and ready. if you have so little faith in ViX i think you may be on the wrong forum.

Alias1
27-11-11, 00:56
so basically you just came here to complain and winge ?. well good luck on that one because regardless of your opinions and protestations we will release the ET series images when we are good and ready. if you have so little faith in ViX i think you may be on the wrong forum.

Wow having a bad day are we pheonix :)
No matter how much you test the beta images small faults creep in bit, must say the last release is pretty much idiot proof

Rob van der Does
27-11-11, 06:49
Well, I don't think it was Pheonix who had a bad day :confused:

No matter how much you test the beta images small faults creep in bit, must say the last release is pretty much idiot proof
Of course, there always are. I've never seen any software being 100% bug free.
But so far no real problems showed up :thumbsup:

Larry-G
27-11-11, 08:42

no bad here, in fact i was having a pretty good day getting ready for a week off work, as for the image it will never 100% be bug free and i would never claim otherwise.

silly comments like those quoted however will not make us go any faster.

pooface
27-11-11, 17:03
silly comments like those quoted however will not make us go any faster.

Exactly, and even sillier, considering that we have it for testing on our machines at the mo. Just a shame that some impatient people have to post silly comments like that!

drphibes
28-11-11, 00:46
I look forward to being able to try the new image when it gets released but I am struggling to understand why some people seem to be desperate to install it ? I have owned my et9000 for a couple of months now and it has been excellent and very stable in use, so I for one am happy to give the team all the time they need in the hope that when the image does arrive it will be well worth waiting for.

Cucosat
28-11-11, 03:19
The new image running on a new linux version is supposed to be both faster, have better picture quality and support a "full" fledged webbrowser that supports keyboard and mouse. That is why people are being impatient, it is not a standard image upgrade.

Sicilian
28-11-11, 16:14
The new image running on a new linux version is supposed to be both faster, have better picture quality and support a "full" fledged webbrowser that supports keyboard and mouse. That is why people are being impatient, it is not a standard image upgrade.

Dont assume that we are going to pre-install the web browser and keyboard/mouse support. Theres enough work involved in just upgrading the kernel. We cant confirm that the broswer will be pre-installed yet.

Cucosat
29-11-11, 01:00
I'm not assuming anything about an installed webbrowser, I wrote "support" not "contains".

toxic
05-12-11, 20:23
Guys, its xmas time , i wont new 2.3 for xmas!! :amen:

pooface
05-12-11, 20:32
Guys, its xmas time , i wont new 2.3 for xmas!! :amen:

Your last 5 posts have been asking for this, and it's posts like this that are annoying for us to read! The release will come. Your posting these useless threads will not make it come any faster! So, wait, and be patient. You have to wait all year for christmas, and thankfully (although it may feel like it), you haven't had to wait a whole year in between releases of ViX images...

Soon, a release will come. But only when we're ready and happy with it ;)

Rob van der Does
06-12-11, 04:42
....You have to wait all year for Christmas, and thankfully (although it may feel like it), you haven't had to wait a whole year in between releases of ViX images.....
LOL, and Christmas is exactly the same every year.......

nolan
06-12-11, 11:03
Ik wil hem voor sinterklaas!

Rob van der Does
06-12-11, 12:26
Ik wil hem voor sinterklaas!
Too late mate!