PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Tuner A/B

Joe90
03-11-11, 21:18
Hi,

Anyone know how to flip between Tuner A and Tuner B using the remote...

Why: Have setup Tuner A on motorised 1.1m dish, and now temporarily put Tuner B on existing S*y dish, as signal poor from 6pm till about 9pm then when it gets progressively better. This way I can flip between and see if it is common to both dishes and therefore some environmental issue, or whether I need to tweak motorsied setup

Cheers..:confused:

machare
03-11-11, 21:35
Menu/Setup/Service Searching/Satfinder lets to chose a Tuner and then see the signal strength on a particular satellite/transponder.

Alternatively, Menu/Setup/System/Customize lets you set the Preferred Tuner changing channel after this will use the preferred tuner if possible.

Joe90
03-11-11, 21:39
Thank you, but I was hoping to do in real time using the remote... ie, if I get some pixelation/interference, then I could flip with the remote and see if the picture is affected on the other tuner..

Cucosat
04-11-11, 02:52
Don't think it's possible, you could do indirectly by starting a recording on a channel using a different transponder, then go back to the channel you want to test. Would require fewer button presses than digging through the menu system, but still not optimal.

Rob van der Does
04-11-11, 07:54
Don't think it's possible, you could do indirectly by starting a recording on a channel using a different transponder, then go back to the channel you want to test. Would require fewer button presses than digging through the menu system, but still not optimal.
That indeed is the way to provoke the wanted situation in a fast way. You could have a de-activated timer (with a virtual unlimited record time set) ready for that, so it would require even less button hopping.

aftermath
04-11-11, 17:29
If you download the app " dreambox live " when you open it to stream tv to your phone, it chooses the Tuner not being used.

so if you are watching tv " tuner b " 28e
start dreambox live , choose a channel " for example one on 28e" it uses the other tuner.

i know what you mean about wanting to choose tuners, but its not that hard to figure a way round it , with a few button presses, another way is as one post above here, " start a recording " , " choose another channel on same sat ", then both tuner will be on same sat.

i prefer my setup as tuner b on static dish 28e
tuner a for other sats on motorised dish

i have tuner b set to preferred tuner

Joe90
08-11-11, 14:16
If you download the app " dreambox live " when you open it to stream tv to your phone, it chooses the Tuner not being used.

so if you are watching tv " tuner b " 28e
start dreambox live , choose a channel " for example one on 28e" it uses the other tuner.

i know what you mean about wanting to choose tuners, but its not that hard to figure a way round it , with a few button presses, another way is as one post above here, " start a recording " , " choose another channel on same sat ", then both tuner will be on same sat.

i prefer my setup as tuner b on static dish 28e
tuner a for other sats on motorised dish

i have tuner b set to preferred tuner

Yep, thats pretty much how I've got it setup (by accident), but with tuner on auto, as it naturally keeps it on tuner B if a 28.2 channel is selected. I may try the iApp...

Its such a shame, given the buttons/functions available that can swap...

I've noticed more pixelation on the et9000 than on sly box, but guess that got a better amp/buffer etc.