PDA

View Full Version : ET9000 EPG crashing & Valerie missing

josweet
02-11-11, 15:29
My et9000 only came yesterday so forgive my noobness. I set my EPG to hdd and to use "open tv" which i successfully downloaded manually. My problem is that when it auto downloads the EPG, the STB changes to "radio mode" then crash's. I am using a skin with Cool EPG if that helps
Setting up my VPN,Cam,Skins,Hdd,Bouqets ect.. i was able to, but this epg crash has just baffled me.

I also installed Project valerie but it will not show in the OSD. It installed fine, rebooted into Project valerie which suggested i run the update. I did this and now its nowhere to be found.. not even within the flash!
I changed the skin thinking it could be a compatibility issue but still nothing & tried a reinstall which failed. I then decided to Telnet onto the STB to uninstall but that also failed as Proj Val could be located. Again.. no idea where im going rong.

Finally, how do i "shutdown" the box as im currently having to reboot, then turn it off when et9000 shows on the front display.

If anyone could please help me, itll be much appreciated.

im85288
02-11-11, 16:40
Hi Mate,

I think I had a similar issue when I installed Project valerie, the only way I found to launch it was by pressing the blue button and selecting it from there...might be worth a try.

As for the crashing EPG, I hope a solution is found because this randomly happens to my ET9000 too

Cucosat
02-11-11, 17:41
Don't use the update function within Valerie to update it, it will mess things up. It has to be installed manually.

Don't know about the EPG, I set my box to autoupdate EPG via the tv-channels during the night, haven't had any problems with that.

josweet
02-11-11, 18:22
Hi Mate,

I think I had a similar issue when I installed Project valerie, the only way I found to launch it was by pressing the blue button and selecting it from there...might be worth a try.

As for the crashing EPG, I hope a solution is found because this randomly happens to my ET9000 too
If the epg crashing is a known bug then i can live it, but being new to this o/s i dont what is the norm, as for Valerie, going to have to retry after a reinstall of the Vix o/s.

Don't use the update function within Valerie to update it, it will mess things up. It has to be installed manually.

Don't know about the EPG, I set my box to autoupdate EPG via the tv-channels during the night, haven't had any problems with that.
Thanks for the tip, ill reinstall the vix img from a backup i made b4 installing Valerie and see if it works ..
As for the epg, ill just have to keep on messing with it if all else fails.

Larry-G
02-11-11, 18:30
yeah jo install valerie from the ViX feeds but dont update it via the app it self. we update the build when we update the image. as for the EPG not sure, have you any crash logs to upload ?.

josweet
03-11-11, 15:57
The epg updated fine last night, so im hoping it was just one of those things. Where in the Vix feeds can i find Proj Val as i cant seem to find it :(
Can also tell me where "shutdown" is located on the box so that i may tun of the box correctly.

Larry-G
03-11-11, 16:09
press and hold the power button ( on the remote ) for a few seconds and you will get the options to shutdown / restart etc.

as for PJ well it was there a few days ago but for some odd reason i can no longer find it.

josweet
03-11-11, 23:12
The "shutdown" option isnt there on my mine, every other option is except "shutdown" :confused: As for the PJV being removed, maybe there about to release the new VIX image :thumbsup: Part of me hopes they do & the other part that has only just got the stb configured to how i like.. doesnt.

punisher
04-11-11, 18:14
Theres no shutdown option per say, if u want it completely off then switch it off from mains, or you can put it in standby or deep sleepthise r ur options

Cucosat
05-11-11, 02:13
You can download the latest PV manually here:

http://code.google.com/p/project-valerie/downloads/detail?name=project-valerie_rev1058_mipsel_oe16.ipk&can=2&q=

Put it in the /tmp folder and use the VIX menu to install from local source.

egz
07-11-11, 05:25
where can i post about system crashes (green screen). i have the error log in a text format, but its huge! any help in understanding it?

punisher
07-11-11, 09:02
You can attach the log file here as an attachment n we can take a look

egz
08-11-11, 02:38

ok i think i've attached it. its something to do with recorded programs. whenever i try and access them through the timer i think.