PDA

View Full Version : UK EPG out by one Hour

Cougar
01-11-11, 10:51
As the UK clocks went back one hour, the EPG's still seem to out by one hour.
I've refreshed the EPG.DAT file and downloaded a RytecUK update with no luck.
Does anyone have a workaround for this?

marty
01-11-11, 14:46
That explains why I only recorded 1/2 of RAW last night :(

dfdream
01-11-11, 15:57
Some say delete the epg.dat but deleting the EPG.DAT has had mixed results.

Try this
Telnet to machine
Login

type in these commands press enter after each. (Note- change epg.dat below if you have a different name set for your epg file and change hdd to what ever your usb is if your epg is on your USB)

init 4
rm /hdd/epg.dat
init 3

Then go into your epg downloader and do a manual download.

D

Hamram
01-11-11, 18:43
I have the same problem, and tried this, but I got this message in telnet: "No such file or directory". But the file is there. I can see it through FTP... Any ideas..?

Hamram
01-11-11, 19:27
Suddenly it went through... :cool: Unfortunally the EPG is still wrong...

Stanman
01-11-11, 19:44
try deleting the crossepg folder as well as the file epg.dat and than downloading again. did this on all three machines and epg is fine

Hamram
01-11-11, 20:22
try deleting the crossepg folder as well as the file epg.dat and than downloading again. did this on all three machines and epg is fine
Under /media/hdd? I've now tried this as well, and even restarted the box as a final attempt, after deleting the epg.dat file and the crossepg folder. The strange (?) thing was that the folder and file was re-created during startup. Probably downloaded under the startup process..? Anyhow, the epg is still wrong...

It looks like it is OK on some channels. On the Norwegian/Scandinavian channels (NRK, TV2 aso) it is one hour off.

Dell_XPS
04-11-11, 18:03
Anybody sussed this out yet as my epg is still wrong on certain channels :-)