PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Uno Loop

Sanjhere
01-11-11, 00:02
Hi,

I updated the receiver and installed plug ins earlier in the hope of getting the EPG to work.

I now have another problem, when I restarted the receiver it seems to be going in a loop, I keep getting Vu+ Uno Loading then a Green Screen with the VIX Logo on the Top left, then the VU+ Uno Loading then VIX.

I have tried to reflash using a USB with 4 files, first in the folders as suggested in the Forum then without the folders with just the 4 files on the USB but it does not seem to want to flash .....

Any suggestions please?

Thank you

basilyoung
01-11-11, 00:11
not got the uno, but you need a single folder, with the correct files within

I would try shutting the unit down, leave it off for a few minutes, then with the usb stick in place, restart the unit, and see if that sorts it

Larry-G
01-11-11, 00:30
you have to remember to press the channel - button within a few seconds on the front of the receiver when it prompts you to so that it will flash from the usb stick, otherwise it will boot as normal.

Sanjhere
01-11-11, 00:33
Hi Basil/Phoenix,
I tried the turning off method, nothing happening.

Phoenix - It is not prompting me to do press CH-, it just goes straight into the loop, I looked at the other thread of the "Green Loop", that suggested using PUTTY to log onto it and remove mounts, I can log onto the Uno box but it says root@uno:# so is asking me for some sort of number .........

punisher
01-11-11, 08:17
What exactly is it that u doenloaded and installed and other things umight have added or changed before it went into GS loop

Sanjhere
01-11-11, 09:30
Good morning guys,
I installed the software updates and the plugins. I was trying to install catseyes.
Got it figured out in the end, had to keep pressing the ch- button as The receiver was booting, there was no prompt. It then came up with the message reading from usb.
After a few minutes it restarted and hey presto working properly again . . . . .

punisher
01-11-11, 09:43
Strange, well glad u sorted anyway

Sanjhere
01-11-11, 20:41
It was strange. I was expecting a prompt to say press ch-. I thought I would just press the ch- as it started after a few attempts and it worked!
Thank you all for your help, it does boost my confidence in actually trying to do these things knowing you guys are there and will suggest help and advice,Sanj

Larry-G
01-11-11, 20:45
It was strange. I was expecting a prompt to say press ch-. I thought I would just press the ch- as it started after a few attempts and it worked!
Thank you all for your help, it does boost my confidence in actually trying to do these things knowing you guys are there and will suggest help and advice,Sanj

were always here to help where possible. i my self have the Uno and it's a fantastic receiver and i'm very very happy with it.

Sanjhere
02-11-11, 01:18
Hey Phoenix, I have enjoyed watching the tv tonight.
I totally agree with you. I chose the vu+uno at the last minute and I am very glad I did. I was going to go for the technomate (no disrespect to anyone who does own one) but I think the vu is the better receiver. No doubt I will be asking more questions. I think I have just scratched the surface with what I have done so far. I have learnt a lot in the last few days though . . . .

Sicilian
02-11-11, 08:12
Glad you've got there Sanjhere :)