PDA

View Full Version : EPG Help

Flyingpig
30-10-11, 18:26
Hello All,

I have en ET9000 cross epg - and I have been using the EPG but today it has gone a bit wrong. i.e. it had the grand prix and starting and finishing at a different time - yep you gussed it - by one hour.

How do I fix this problem?

Thanks.

FP.

basilyoung
30-10-11, 18:33
change your units time setting...its end of british summer time

Flyingpig
30-10-11, 18:37
How do I do that and what to?

Thanks.

basilyoung
30-10-11, 18:41
menu/system...scroll down to "TIME" and adjust it to Greenwich mean time

Flyingpig
30-10-11, 18:46
Yeah - it already is set to GMT.

When I press okay and get the full bar across the bottom of the screen it has on there all the info about the programme amd that says the correct programme time. But when I press left or right on the buttons and it goes to the EPG where you can scroll through that time is behind by one hour. The system time is correct as well..

Hmmm.... Currently I am unable to record anything from the EPG as it is giving incorrect times... Is anyone else having this problem?

basilyoung
30-10-11, 18:49
I will check it out,

interesting problem

basilyoung
30-10-11, 19:31
my setup seems correct as far as times / epg go,

I will ask a few others to look at this

basilyoung
30-10-11, 19:36
correction,...my epg is an hour out as well

this has to be down to the "source" ie, rytec time settings are set to continental time, so for now, I would set your time to europe time,

the above does not work, back later

belierzz
30-10-11, 19:44
Experienced this with CrossEPG only, after deleting epg.dat and reloading with XMLTV-Importer everything seems fine

basilyoung
30-10-11, 19:50
thanks, will test as well

Flyingpig
30-10-11, 20:18
Well by some form of luck and chance, it is now correct. I done 2 things and don't know which one could of corrected it.

First off, I changed the time setting to NTP instead of transponder. Then I also selected from the menu>system>EPG>Cross EPG> Open TV Providers, and it is all wotking now.

basilyoung
30-10-11, 20:20
I went the other way round, and deleted the epg data, reloaded, and now correct

aftermath
31-10-11, 09:16
Well by some form of luck and chance, it is now correct. I done 2 things and don't know which one could of corrected it.

First off, I changed the time setting to NTP instead of transponder. Then I also selected from the menu>system>EPG>Cross EPG> Open TV Providers, and it is all wotking now.

strange as mine always worked and i changed nothing.
in Time menu, mine is set to , GMT, and sync time with transponder.

Flyingpig
31-10-11, 19:14
Well with it being Halloween - its all gone belly up...

The EPG has duplpicate entries in. I have 2 lots of Question of Sport on BBC1, one at 9.35 and the other at 10.35 the same happens across all the channels.

So how can I totally delete the EPG info and start from scratch? I logged in, and via FTP I deleted the folder >HDD>CROSSEPG, I also deleted the file names epg.dat in >HDD I restarted the machine and the EPG data was still there so I am guessing I have missed something.

Is there another file that I have missed. As when I done the above and pressed guide on the remote it was still populated with the duplicate entries.

I am sure it is something simple that I am missing, and as always your help is most greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

FP.

Stanman
31-10-11, 20:13
If you reboot, it should be gone. IIRC it loads it to flash at boot up.

basilyoung
31-10-11, 20:14
go menu
setup
system
epg
select load/save
press "load"
then select XMLTV importer
select the required providers via sources
press ok
then hit the man button ( yellow )
and this should sort you

Flyingpig
31-10-11, 21:17
Still not working.....

I cannot get rid of it ----- Arrghhhhh!!!!!!

Flyingpig
31-10-11, 21:46
No matter what happens, the EPG.dat file is always there..... I have deleted it, then I restart and it magically re-appears.

basilyoung
31-10-11, 22:08
try rebooting the unit, then follow my previous post

Flyingpig
01-11-11, 00:16
Believe or not - done a factory reset, and the issue is still there. What can cause it? It seems to dump a file called epg.dat into the HDD folder

If I cannot get it working will a re-flash do it?

Thanks.

basilyoung
01-11-11, 00:20
is your epg set up to your hard drive??

Flyingpig
01-11-11, 00:37
Yes - should I change it to USB?

basilyoung
01-11-11, 00:41
yes, if there is nothing you want on the hard drive, reformat it

usb is far better

Flyingpig
01-11-11, 00:56
Okay... Can I simply move the saved TS files of a few programmes that have been recorded to a temp drive then transfer them back? Also, is it a case or just re-formatting from the system menu - does it ask what filesystem etc?

USB is going in the back of the STB (when the re-scan is complete). Fingers crossed......

cactikid
01-11-11, 01:00
same problem with my vu and timer recordings,1hr out,downloaded a fresh cross :)epg and now everything ok,mine is on internal hard drive also.:)

basilyoung
01-11-11, 01:09
epg on a hard drive is ok...ish, but there are a few disavantages, spinup times etc

but really, usb sticks are best,

once the epg setup has been changed to usb,....as per my post further back in the thread, the epg should be fine
I am not sure how the problems have occurred on the OP hard drive, in that I think they were deleted, but onse the saved epg is directed to usb/media instead, I think the ptoblem will be resloved

punisher
01-11-11, 08:15
If the OPs epg location is still pointing to hdd then no matter how many times u delete it will always be there after a reboot. Delete the crossepg and dat files, change epg location to media/usb. Do a reboot and then download ur epg again and that shud get it back on ur usb and off ur hdd

Flyingpig
02-11-11, 20:53
Yep - Thanks for all your help.

I put the EPG on a USB and et voilla - all working with no probs.