PDA

View Full Version : TM-800 CCcam 2104 Problem section

reddishd
10-07-10, 10:16
This section is for discussion on the built in CCcam function within The TM-800HD.
Please respect the rules and remember that any discussion is for educational purposes ONLY.

The Rules can be found here:- http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2-Please-read-the-rules-here

reddishd
10-07-10, 10:29
Hi, My main problem is the CCcam needs to be rebooted at various intervals, IE I can go out to work and all is fine then 7 hours later the CCcam 2.1.4 has stopped working.
This can happen at any time not just 7 hours, It may stop just because i have changed a channel. I can tell that it has stopped because there is no information on the yellow button PPanels.
To Fix all i do is press the blue button then restart softcam.
My suggestion to fix this is to have an auto reboot function that can be turned on or off in the blue button menu. Also this should be an intelligent function that knows when the Cccam has stoped and restarts on its own.
UR Team please take note!

Sicilian
10-07-10, 10:33
What image are you using on the TM800? Have you tried the last beta dated 08/07/2010?

reddishd
11-07-10, 20:28
Hi, Yes i am using the latest image. I have found 2 main problems when the box starts up you get 2x penguin screens then the Ip number, This number keeps changing even though i have a static IP and in network settings i have chosen my own number on my box it is today 192.168.1.4 as i have had to is change it to match the start up screen. The STB seems to ignore the IP i have created and uses the start up one. This is dam annoying as i have to keep changing the numbers in port forwarding on my router. If i lose connection (and i do with Talk Talk) the number changes like it is on a DHCP setting and not what i set in the menu. If you or anyone in the UR team can sort this out as a priority that would be fantastic.
Problem 2 is as i think i have mentioned in another thread that If the CCcam stops then the box needs to know this and have a auto restart option in the menu.
I am surprised that more with this box have not said anything on this forum about it!
Any help would be much appreciated.

Sicilian
11-07-10, 20:38
I know its not the answer your looking for, but you can manually re-start CCcam in the blue button menu.

reddishd
11-07-10, 20:45
This is not working for me with the latest image for most of the time i have to reboot the box.
Also on the auto CCcan restart it is needed as my and most routers will only stay connected for 24hours then thay re-request and that stops it from working another re boot.
You can see the problem.

paul362
12-07-10, 08:00
What happens if you download a new version say 213 from the addons manager and use that instead of the built in 1 ???

reddishd
13-07-10, 23:24
as of the 07/07/2010 update there is no CCcam 2.1.3 in the plugin/download menu.
When looking at the you tube video of Digidudes demo his box had loads of stuff to download but my box only has 4 catogorys!! I am puzzeld!
Can i add CCcam 2.1.3 manualy?

Sicilian
14-07-10, 05:42
Have you checked that its not already installed?

paul362
14-07-10, 07:56
as of the 07/07/2010 update there is no CCcam 2.1.3 in the plugin/download menu.
When looking at the you tube video of Digidudes demo his box had loads of stuff to download but my box only has 4 catogorys!! I am puzzeld!

Have they got an the option to install older cams then ? there used to be an option in the tm600 to download older cams ! Although that would of been with the UR image of course.

fdlsys
19-07-10, 14:50

Sure, easy way:
- rename the current 2.1.4 binary (executable) where it resides (/usr/bin if memory serves me right?),
- FTP the binary (executable) of any older cccam version (MIPS cpu) into the same folder,
- rename it to the exact name that 2.1.4 had before you renamed it (letter case is important!)
- make sure that file attributes are set to 755
- reboot
Done.

fdlsys
19-07-10, 17:46
Hmm... cannot edit my previous post...?
Anyway - forgot to mention - I don't think that the problem is with CCcam214, but with the TM800 image itself - still a lot of work to be done there.
The reason why I say this is because I have been running the 2.1.4 for a while on 3 other boxes, all completely different, without any problem whatsover. As a matter of fact, some of the freezing problems I had with previous versions (on other boxes) have completely disappeared after upgrade to 214.
Just my .02$

cypchris
19-07-10, 21:16
personally i have not had any trouble with ccam at on the 800

there is a new image out now dated 15th-7-10 try that mate

fdlsys
20-07-10, 11:31
Second that. I upgraded to 15/07 the moment it was available, and I have not seen a single freeze since. (touch wood!) :)

reddishd
17-08-10, 23:26
Thank you for all your suggestions, I do beleave that the problem is/was the image itself.
I am now running the 15/07/2010 and it seems much more stable.
Lets hope that some of my other ideas of an auto-restart in the CCcam menu are taken on board and can we please have a working card reader as the smargo+ are very untidy but work extreamly well.