PDA

View Full Version : Openbox S10 HD - Problem with wifi bridge

nextman
29-10-11, 13:15
Hi,

I have an openbox S10 HD but as I had to run a very long Ethernet cable, which worked flawlessly, I decided to get a Vonets VAP11G wifi bridge.

I successfully went through the setup to link my router to the wifi bridge by using the Vonets software provided. However, when I connect it to my openbox it does not get any network connection. The light on the wifi bridge flashes like it is working fine.

Thinking the wifi bridge might be faulty, I connected it to my laptop and switched off the wifi on my laptop. I was able to browse the Internet without my laptops wifi being on, indicating that the wifi bridge is in fact working correctly.

DHCP is enabled on both the router and the openbox. I'm guessing there must be some way to 'set up' the wifi bridge with the openbox but cannot work out as to how I would do that. Could anyone shed some light on this and help me?

Thank you for your time.

Sicilian
30-10-11, 15:53
Buy one of these http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Networking-WiFi/Tenda-150Mbps-Portable-Wireless-Access-Point-Router-Wireless-wifibridge-WIFI-W150M Vonets can be hit & miss.