PDA

View Full Version : Box stuck at "Starting" screen after update

ronaldbiggs
29-10-11, 09:58
Hi

Just installed the satmate updater running on a VU duo (Vix) and now the box just hangs at "Starting" stage, have removed the package via FTP, but no joy. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

basilyoung
29-10-11, 10:37
remove any usb device, and switch off the unit, give it a few minutes, restart, if all else fails, a reflash would be the final thing to do, if needs be

Larry-G
29-10-11, 10:43
Also ( yes i know it's fine and well me saying this with hindsight ) but it's best to make a backup of your image prior to installing plugins etc for this very reason. probably best to do that once you have a fully functioning image again.

ronaldbiggs
29-10-11, 11:12
Thanks, whats the easiest way to install the backup image ?

pooface
29-10-11, 11:12
This is likely nothing to do with plugin. And unless u removed via telnet "opkg remove", it's unlikely to be removed properly.

What's best to do, is power machine off. Wait a few minutes and try again. Had to repeat it as few times myself sometimes for it to do it properly... This is a flaw with the box/bootloader/drivers, not the images, as it's happened with all images I've ever tried...

Sent with Tapatalk

ronaldbiggs
29-10-11, 11:16
Thanks, have managed to find a backup but cannot boot from usb, is there a way to FTP ?

pooface
29-10-11, 11:24
Thanks, have managed to find a backup but cannot boot from usb, is there a way to FTP ?

As I said above,try turning off for a couple of mins and back on...

If after a few attempts it still won't boot, then reflash backup... Should be located on hdd or usb depending where u backup in a folder called imagebackups. Ftp the backup u want to your pc& then copy to a usb stick...

Sent with Tapatalk

ronaldbiggs
29-10-11, 11:32
Have a .nfi backup, how do I install it please ? have tried waiting 5 mins with unit switched off. USB will not boot with a new image

pooface
29-10-11, 11:56
So I take it that turning off for a few mins did nothing?! You haven't answered whether u've tried that...

As for nfi, will need to use the vu util connected to com port. Expect it to take an hour or so tho...

Sent with Tapatalk

ronaldbiggs
29-10-11, 12:41
Sorted now thanks, used Vuutility via com port, all connected again. I am a little suprised that you cannot flash an image via FTP. Thanks for your help