PDA

View Full Version : Xtreamer prodigy

Tyler
29-10-11, 00:08
Hi guys,

Just looking at the latest xtreamer prodigy.
Wow what a media player.
Better than a xxx xxxxx by all accounts.
Any one got one yet?

I have the xtreamer pro which I love more than my wife :whistle: (only joking ).

What brand do ye use and let's have an argument about which one is best :thumbsup:

silverfox0786
29-10-11, 01:49
i have an ASUS-AT3N7A-I lovely elittle machine

custom build not premade does me well

[btw lets not have an argument-we dont want this forum going the wrong way]

but by all means give your thoughts guys on what u have and what u think of it

Tyler
29-10-11, 03:25
Gee guys lighten up only joking about argument

aftermath
29-10-11, 08:21
I have been following the Xtreamer prodigy for months now.
before i purchase one i want to see some feedback from people who got one.
It seems that the company keeps moving the goal posts , it was supposed to be released 2 weeks ago, and its been put back again.

OldSkulRide
29-10-11, 08:35
Xtreamer company is a joke really. They are taking money from customers and in return they get constant delays in releasing the products. And this is happening with all their NEW products. I decided to never give them my money again.

I now have Apple TV 2 with XBMX and iam happy. It has its own flaws but XBMC is great piece of software.

aftermath
29-10-11, 10:08
Xtreamer company is a joke really. They are taking money from customers and in return they get constant delays in releasing the products.
this is why i am waiting for the reviews before i buy one, that's if i do decide to go for one, but everyone must agree it looks the " dogs "

Tyler
29-10-11, 11:32
this is why i am waiting for the reviews before i buy one, that's if i do decide to go for one, but everyone must agree it looks the " dogs "

I have to agree. It diff seems the dogs, I must say I love the pro.
I also have a kaiser ultimate which I love plays absolutely anything you throw at it

I will wait for pixmania to get them in stock as they are the same price as buying them from xtreamer but no customs as they are in the UK.
Saved about €70 on my extreamer Pro.

Maxwell
08-11-11, 09:00
What you really want is one of these.

http://www.futeko.com/products/MP00031.php

I am ordering one later this week a few guys over on AVF already have them and although there are currently a few firmware bugs the manufacturer is updating on a regular basis

TomD
08-09-12, 11:07
What you really want is one of these.

http://www.futeko.com/products/MP00031.php

I am ordering one later this week a few guys over on AVF already have them and although there are currently a few firmware bugs the manufacturer is updating on a regular basis

This looks good as a media player, but can you stream the Duo to it for live tv?

Maxwell
08-09-12, 11:18
Dont know if they have improved the firmware but I ended up sending it back for a refund, it ran extremely hot and suffered from constant freezing etc, they refused to accept it was a faulty unit so I returned it under the Distance selling regulations, however it did work very well for the first half hour or so from a cold start, it was only when it got hot I had the problems. And yes it did work with live stream, in fact it worked with everything I tried including 3D bluray iso's.

Larry-G
08-09-12, 12:18
This looks good as a media player, but can you stream the Duo to it for live tv?

If your wanting to stream tv etc look towards the monsoon media vulkano box. Beats the slingbox's hands down every time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

TomD
09-09-12, 07:43
If your wanting to stream tv etc look towards the monsoon media vulkano box. Beats the slingbox's hands down every time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Phoenix - was checking it out and came across this:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/networking-and-wi-fi/media-streaming-devices/monsoon-multimedia-vulkano-944551/review

Would I need two boxes to stream my vu Duo to another room - it looks like you do? Also if you do need a second box, does it give you the option to view either of the two tuners on the duo?

Thanks