PDA

View Full Version : Not possible to mount nas in ViX v2.2.100?

danop
28-10-11, 06:24
Hi folks

I used a lot of time trying to do this.
I have 2 VU+ Duo boxes and want to mount my NAS for recordings, so it is possible to see saved film from both boxes.
I start in Networksblowser, where I can see my NAS, and mount it OK, but there is a "red x" indicating (I pressume) it is not adressable.
In the mounting progress I got: "Do you want to enter username and password for this host?" and I say no, because my NAS is not paaword protected,
and it say "your network mount is now updated".
Next step is to enter path for recordings, but it is not possible, only "/hdd/movie" is there (and I do not have a harddisk in the box)
Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong, please?

Stanman
28-10-11, 13:46
How are you mounting the NAS, I have a readyNAS which was mounted via the networkbrowser with no UN or PW and works fine.

Larry-G
28-10-11, 13:49
same here with my Uno and a buffalo linkstation using VIX mounts fine under networkbrowser.

punisher
28-10-11, 14:49
yup same as the guys above, i got a WD MyBook World NAS, just set it up using Network Browser and mounted without the username and pass and that works perfect

danop
29-10-11, 09:53
I start here:

Going to:

Going to:

Going to set path, and I dont have a hdd:

Going to VIX now:

Trying to setup the mount:

But there is nothing to setup:

Can you see what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

silverfox0786
30-10-11, 00:29
once you make the mount you need to restart the box so it registers the new address

you may also need to add the folder you named when setting up to

media/net/

danop
30-10-11, 14:44
Thanks again - I think I have tried everything (exept the right) to make this mount, including reinstalled the VIX twice.
I am using the Readynas, but I wondered if you could make a screen dump to see your settings?
That is done very easy with the grab command like this: http://192.168.2.55/grab (IP of the box)

I dont like to give up!

Thanks

danop
31-10-11, 07:02
Thanks for your help, recording on NAS is now working.

Actually I am quite surpriced about the easyness to set it up, (when you know how) so I like to explain the basics for other newbees.
I myself made it difficult because I thought it was nessesary to enter mount information in VIX setting too.
Actually it is quit simple in only 2 steps:

First step is through Blows network to find your shared NAS folder:

Then mount your folder, and enter information like this:

Then boot the box and enter Media Player and in there enter Meny, choose 8 to enter path:

Now you can change start folder for recordings - and thats it!