PDA

View Full Version : ET9000 with VIX 2.2.100 - How to setup Positioner --Newbie

Joe90
27-10-11, 18:43
Hi,

I'm pretty much a newbie here, thou have been looking thru the forums and searching.. so pls bear with me...

Problem:
I have a motorised dish (technomate motor with TD110 dish), and ET9000 with Vix 2.2.100 image.

Have setup tuner A to be motorised, with lat and long, but when change sats using Favourites (from Cats eye Bouquets), the dish only seems to move if I have previously used Satfinder to find the particuar sat (and if i recall comes up with a Tuner failed and maybe PID error otherwise). Of course I then use Satfinder, but have found again I have to search on different frequencies to get different sats (have used 11747 for freq).

I believe "use power management" is off (sorry away from home at mo) and on simpe mode (not advanced) and have not been brave enough to set the voltage parameters on etc..

So looking for some help/guidance on what I need to do.

Flyingpig
27-10-11, 20:11
I had the same problem....I downloaded the latest Vhannibal settings and it worked. It contains the latest satellite xml file, and channel list.

You can download it from the link below and use the Clark Tech utility prog to update, or from the plugin settings on the system menu.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2639-Latest-vhannibal-E2-settings/page14

basilyoung
27-10-11, 21:12
advanced mode is really quite simple, set each required sat to lnb 1
then
set use USAL,s to yes
input your geo setting
set "use extra voltage" to yes

once you have added all the sats you want, pres ok..to save

I think this will solve your problem

Joe90
28-10-11, 10:43
advanced mode is really quite simple, set each required sat to lnb 1
then
set use USAL,s to yes
input your geo setting
set "use extra voltage" to yes

once you have added all the sats you want, pres ok..to save

I think this will solve your problem

Many thanks, will give it a try when get home. was a bity worried about extra voltage when not knowing what you are doing and know motor runs at 13v, but more expensice ones run at 36v.

I had seen people settingup different sats but again was not sure.

So in short, I need to setup each sat in advanced mode to lnb 1, as the sat details (posn etc) are in the satelites.xml file

machare
28-10-11, 21:06
When trying to move a dish, with Diseqc 1.2 the receiver sends 13v if the transponder/channel being sought is vertical, and 18v if it is horizontal. The motor moves more quickly with 18v.

36v motors need a separate power supply i.e. not via the coax cable going to the LNB.
:)

basilyoung
28-10-11, 21:21
Many thanks, will give it a try when get home. was a bity worried about extra voltage when not knowing what you are doing and know motor runs at 13v, but more expensice ones run at 36v.

I had seen people settingup different sats but again was not sure.

So in short, I need to setup each sat in advanced mode to lnb 1, as the sat details (posn etc) are in the satelites.xml file

the USAL setting is globle, so only needs to be done once
and all required sats can be added ie; 19 east = lnb 1 28 east = lnb 1 and so on, once done press ok..and all will be saved

aftermath
29-10-11, 08:09
I am using Catseye`s channel settings, which i keep up to date using " dream set"

my set up is
tuner a , connected to a motorised dish, and tuner settings to simple mode
tuner b, connected to a static dish, simple settings

i have tuner b to be priority

Joe90
29-10-11, 11:34
Many thanks all, so I will give it a go when get back home with advanced setting and extra voltage. As in manual you get the following in Simple mode, and not too sure about it, so guess have to check motor spec and see what it draws in terms of voltage/current. Again, please forgive my ignorance as its takn me 4w to get the dish mounted/working as Ivive had to mount on a scaffold pole 14' high, and brace the pole several ways to keep firm... but will be worth it in the end.

If anyone could provide me the exact settings (verbatum), then I would be most appreciative, and confirm when get working.

Not sucking up, but must say, I've trawled the forum all day yesterday, and most impressed by both what can do, and friendliness of a relatively small group.. Pass thanks onto Andy for some great coding (especially as I have worked in the Industry for 25yrs now, but quite a while since coded. Look forward to 2.3, any advanced release notes on what it will give (Silverfox, Phoenix ?)

Cheers,

Joe90
02-11-11, 14:04
Solved....

But not by ANY of the above. The answer lay in the fact the second tuner needed to be set for "2nd cable on LNB A", rather than "As Tuner A" !!!

Makes sense when you know it as the 2 tuners would be contending with each other for the correct satellite!!:thumbsup: