PDA

View Full Version : RBK TV on Eurobird 9a

captain jack
27-10-11, 10:57
Guys,

Can someone with access to Platforma DV package on Eurobird 9e please test RBK TV for me (12207 H 27500-2/3 MPEG-4 DVB-S2 8PSK)? For some reason, I don't get a picture on this channel - only sound. The channel is encrypted but this is NOT the issue as I am using my official Platforma card with it. This happens with ALL CAMS, so I don't think it's a problem with that. I tried rescanning the channel but no joy. I don't have this issue on any other channel on the same transponder.

One other thing I noticed on Platforma DV only, is that the picture takes a few seconds to appear after the sound is first heard - almost like the video is being buffered. Both, audio and video are encrypted on this channel, so again, this is not the same as the decryption delay you normally get. I can upload a video of what happens if this helps?

The only difference with this package is that all channels, even SD ones, are MPEG-4 as opposed to the usual MPEG-2. I don't have this sound-first, picture-a-few-seconds-later problem on any other channel I receive, even the Platforma HD ones, which are also in MPEG-4.

Any ideas?

Thanks
CJ

captain jack
29-10-11, 09:17
No-one? :(

captain jack
30-10-11, 23:07
OK, had some more time to play with this. Thought I'd try to view the stream on my PC if the Uno wouldn't decrypt it and ... it worked! What's even more strange, once I start streaming, the video also appears on TV.

A quick work around I've found for this is to start timeshift and then stop it. When stopping it and it comes back to "live" broadcast, the picture appears. I don't know if this is image related or something else....

basilyoung
30-10-11, 23:15
pleased you have this issue sorted, as far as others able to help, ( although sorted now ) I think only a few if any, have the ability to watch this provider, but well done

captain jack
30-10-11, 23:19
Yeah, I was hoping to see if this was an image problem (using VIX 2.2), drivers or hardware?