PDA

View Full Version : New User with a few queries

Flyingpig
25-10-11, 19:54
Hello All,

Got my ET 9000 setup provisionally and I am trying to get it going properly. I have a few problems that I know you guys could hopefully answer in a few seconds... So thanks in advance for any answers....

1 - Currently watching BBC and I have some sub audio providing descriptions to what is going on - on screen. How do I turn this off?

2 - I put my motorised dish into tuner a and fixed into tuner b (28.2), and set it up using Usals but was struggling to get a picture. Not sure if it is my long / lat settings. But these were transferred from my DM 500. How do I check what tuner is currently operating, or drive my motor to find the right position? Any hints or tips?

3 - How does the time shift work - I have a 500 gb HDD intenal, and a 2 TB NAS which is mounted. Question is how do I pause live tv? This is a must from the wife!!

Thanks

FP.

silverfox0786
25-10-11, 20:11
1. Press audio button and remove NAR and select MPEG or AC3

2. try putting fixed on a and motor on b and check yout long/lats at dishpointer

3. just mount hdd to media/hdd and enable timeshift in menu, as for nas you can mount that via network browser [my timeshift goes to my NAS]

Flyingpig
25-10-11, 20:15
Thanks for that....

Can I have several mounts, so one where the timeshift will record to, and another where my movies are downloaded to - so I can watch them and keep them separate?

Also, is there a way to quickly and easily swap between tuner a and tuner b?

Thanks.

silverfox0786
25-10-11, 20:42
yes you can have many mounts i have 4 going to 4 different folders of my NAS drive and all works fine

just swap em over go into tuner config and reset the sat positions

TG456XDR
25-10-11, 20:54
Regards your motorised dish, I was also having trouble getting USALS to work (I've just bought an ET-9000 too), but I got it working by using my old receiver to move the dish to a strong satellite (I used Astra 19.2E) so I knew where it was, then plugging it into tuner A of the ET-9000 and setting it up as a fixed dish. Once I was happy Astra was working on these settings & had some channels tuned in, I changed the settings to USALS using the long/lat from my old receiver and everything worked after that. If your long/lat works on your old receiver, the same should work on your new one.

Flyingpig
25-10-11, 21:10
Fantastic - Thanks very much for all the replies....

What is the best boquet editor to use, as to use this my wife wants the same line up as Sky...... Grrrr......

Thanks in advance..,!!!:D

Stanman
25-10-11, 21:12
dreamboxedit but it is a personal choice, you could use dreamset as well.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10123-DreamBoxEdit-v4.1.0.1

basilyoung
25-10-11, 21:17
use silverfox settings for uk, they are the same as what sly use

dreambox edit, is good for editing channel listings/transferr to the unit, the silver fox listings should be downloadable vis menu/plugins/download plugins/settings ( channel listings )

silverfox0786
25-10-11, 21:18
basil those are old on the feeds will be updated soon

my signature bellow has the latest ones in

Flyingpig
26-10-11, 17:52
Thanks for all the help fella's.....

I uploaded a channel list, and tried to move to 1 west but when I goto the boquet, the channels are greyed out. I reckon I am doing something wrong. I have scanned the satellites last night when I went to bed. But still grey.

Do I have to upload a latest XML list or is there another way to check it?

Thanks.

FP.

silverfox0786
26-10-11, 17:53
yeah upload latest xml and dont use my settings as they are only for 28.2

use a motorised setting

Flyingpig
26-10-11, 18:00
Thanks - a quick point on where to find the latest xml and do how to upload..

Sorry to be a pain.,.,!!

Thanks

FP

silverfox0786
26-10-11, 18:10
add to etc/enigma2

http://satellites-xml.eu/

Flyingpig
26-10-11, 18:41
Done - thanks.... 1 West is now working... Woohooo!!

Love it when a plan comes together...!!!

Stanman
26-10-11, 19:17
great news mate - your sorted by the silver fox:thumbsup: