PDA

View Full Version : Technomate 7100 or Vu+ Duo

alangmcc
25-10-11, 16:57
Hi there.

I currently have a technomate 5402 HD Super CI+ and I am happy with it after some testing.
Albeit very basic in its on screen display menus etc.
I have not found any way of implementing a series link recording function for it which is the only major downer about it for me as I can live with cheap graphics as long as the Picture quality is excellent and it certainly is.
I use Newcamd with this reciever.

However I am currently ditching my popular UK satellite tv provider and need to opt for some new hardware that will support twin tuners for recording and Newcamd.
I have it reduced down to two options I think

1) Stick with what I know and upgrade to the technomate 7100
2) change and upgrade to the VU+ Duo

I really like the guide i currently use for the technomate as it is very like the popular uk satellite tv provider in that you get a picture of the channel as a preview etc as you scroll through the planner to see what is on.

So what I am looking for here is some advise from peeps that actually have this hardware and use it daily as reading all the technical stats and jargon don't count for much compared to real world reviews.

So please do let me know your 'Opinons' on which you think is better and why;
and which one you own and how you rate its performance and function in comparison to the UKs most popular satellite tv provider
Also if you have either and have been able to implement some kind of series link - please share the wealth with all of us.

Thanks for you time and responses. A.

jcm193
25-10-11, 17:04
It has to be the Vu+ duo mate bullet proof receiver very customisable opensource software and top class support not sure about the softcam, I've got a vu+duo do i can speak from experience.

Stanman
25-10-11, 17:09
Never had the TM but I would also recommend the DUO with the vix image as close as you will get to a SLy style box

jcm193
25-10-11, 17:19
I've also owned a tm 500 tm 600 tm6900 tm800 hd et9000 and a spiderbox 9000 i have to say for the money the duo is the best job I've ever had

gogoli
25-10-11, 22:39
Vu Plus Duo is Linux with fully Function E2 and the best in the market. NO TM can compete with it...

basilyoung
25-10-11, 22:48
As other have posted, the VU+ Duo can do all the the "popular" uk unit can

there are other options, unit wise, for example the ET9000 ( another linux unit )

and welcome to the forum, and hope you enjoy your time with us, but please post an intro post telling us a little about your experience/kit ( dish size/units etc )

thanks

Mr. Mister
26-10-11, 01:08
Newcamd is also not a problem on the Duo..

I run that on 4 of my duo`s..

Totally the best receiver for the cash..

alangmcc
27-10-11, 00:04
Thank you so much for the feedback guys - really appreciate it.

Looks like a VU+ Duo for me.

You must be loaded Mr. Mister - 4 duos, I'm cautious over spending £320 on one of them :eek:

Sicilian
27-10-11, 07:17

You must be loaded Mr. Mister - 4 duos, I'm cautious over spending £320 on one of them :eek:

Well worth every penny, dont forget to checkout our sponsor http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Vu-DUO-Twin-Tuner-HD-PVR-DVB-S2-Satellite-Receiver

Mr. Mister
27-10-11, 09:08

Nope.. Not at all.. This is the only hobby i have.. So if you even it out over a few years.. Its not that much..

I auctualy have 5 duo`s.. the other is running a different softcam..

Stanman
27-10-11, 13:24
With that many DUO, you must have one in the lav, wont even go there as to what you could be watching;):p