PDA

View Full Version : Help ...........

vicutu
25-10-11, 11:36
Hello! I installed last et9x00 PLI image and botloader, and can not cheat imginea VixTeam.Cum can help me?

Sicilian
25-10-11, 11:49
Read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12141-OpenPli-2.1-Linux3.0.3-beta-Image-World-Exclusive-16.10.2011 All will be explained.

vicutu
25-10-11, 13:38
So it is not going back

Stanman
25-10-11, 14:18
If you have flashed with the very latest image there is no going back, even though some people are claiming it can be done, when asked for proof, none is presented.

You will only be able to flash with images where the folder is named et9x00

digi247
28-10-11, 18:37
So it is not going back

That is correct you cannot go back to an older image when you have the latest ET9x00 bootloader on your machine, But why would you Although i personally love the Vix image and find it one of the freshest and cool looking images around i recently got a little bored and decided to flash the latest bootloader and try the new Images with Linux 3.03 as base.

At the moment there is only 2 available with linux 3.03 thats PLI and the HDF-Team 4.2, I am using the latter and all i can say is WOW the speed of this machine now is fantastic and the picture quality has been improved to boot, if you are a little wary about upgrading then fine stick with the old images where you have a choice personally i like the new faster machine i have now.

Regards

Cucosat
13-11-11, 19:30
Saw this in another forum which apparently was claimed to be a way to get old images to install on new bootloaders:

Of course it works by doing two things; 1) rename the folder with the old image from et9000 to et9x00 and 2) delete the file boot.bin from the folder. I can sort of imagine how this might actually work as opposed to simply renaming the folder, but I have no intention of testing it on my own box as I'm happy with the 2.2 image and can wait for the 2.3.
Consequently, I have no idea if it works, and of course I do not take responsibility for anything that happens to your box, but it might be worth a try to see if you can flash your old VIX image back this way if you're desperate for the VIX quality. I any case, it would be interesting if any of the beta-testers who are using the new bootloader would test this solution.

Stanman
13-11-11, 19:31
This does not work and any one want to try do so at your own risk.

Larry-G
13-11-11, 19:32
Saw this in another forum which apparently was claimed to be a way to get old images to install on new bootloaders:

Of course it works by doing two things; 1) rename the folder with the old image from et9000 to et9x00 and 2) delete the file boot.bin from the folder. I can sort of imagine how this might actually work as opposed to simply renaming the folder, but I have no intention of testing it on my own box as I'm happy with the 2.2 image and can wait for the 2.3.
Consequently, I have no idea if it works, and of course I do not take responsibility for anything that happens to your box, but it might be worth a try to see if you can flash your old VIX image back this way if you're desperate for the VIX quality. I any case, it would be interesting if any of the beta-testers who are using the new bootloader would test this solution.

many people have come to this forum claiming to be able to do this and none has provided any proof. plus all of our staff with these receivers have also tried and none have worked.

punisher
13-11-11, 21:31
I wasnt able to do it when the bootloader first came out