PDA

View Full Version : Sky card with et9000

drphibes
24-10-11, 20:59
Hi

I am thinking about joining sky again but at the moment I only have my et9000 and no official sky reciever.
If I call sky is it going to be possible for them to give me a new subscription and card and it work straight away in the et9000 with cccam or does it need to be activated with an official sky box ?
One other thing is does the et9000 running cccam update the card ? I believe some boxes struggle keeping the sky card active ?

Thanks

silverfox0786
24-10-11, 21:09
be carefull where this thread goes so far it ok and within rules

the card will need to be activated with an official box first then it will work in et9000 [that is regardless of boxkey usage or not]

after that yes cccam will continue to update it but then to get correct updates its recomended to add correct boxkey again even if yr not getting premium channels

i will add oscam is better but needs a client to update it as cccam does not clear pickTV or Premire Sports anymore only oscam does

drphibes
24-10-11, 23:20
Hi

Thanks for the reply.
I have not been with sky for awhile and therefore have no reciever so it looks like im going to have to ask for a fresh box from them or possibly source a box from elsewhere.

silverfox0786
24-10-11, 23:22
if yr not going for HD a normal SKY Box will do you can pick em for a couple quid if yr lucky on ebay

if you want HD then you do need a HD Box as they ask for the seial and details from BOX

personally i would go for the install service as its free box and if you go for a ithink a plus box or hd box install is free and that way you get a nice new fresh minidish too

drphibes
25-10-11, 01:00
Thanks for the info, think I fancy going the HD route so I will give sky a bell at some stage and see what they can offer me.

Stanman
25-10-11, 10:25
If your after a HD box, Digidue has 3 for sale in the for sales thread. Heres the link.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12367-Sky-Amstrad-DRX890-HD-3D-receiver