PDA

View Full Version : EPG Very Unstable.

Cougar
24-10-11, 14:02
Hi
Is anyone else having problems with the '7-day EPG' on the Vix bases VU+ ?
It worked great for around 4 months, I could get epg's for all channels for up to 7-days and I could setup recordings just like 'Sly plus' but lately it is very poor and fragmented and I'm not even getting the whole day's epg..
I normally use 'Open providers’, but this does not work very well now. I've tried all the others without any luck.
Is this an EPG server issue?
How do I get back to a full display of 7-day EPG on all channels?

silverfox0786
24-10-11, 14:18
Are you using opentv for uk?

Cougar
24-10-11, 15:24
yes, Its opentv for uk 28.2

silverfox0786
24-10-11, 15:25
delete the epg.dat file and redownload epg that ususally fixes it

Cougar
24-10-11, 17:14
delete the epg.dat file and redownload epg that ususally fixes it
How do I delete the epg.dat file?

silverfox0786
24-10-11, 17:38
ftp into box and delte where it is stored according to yr epg settings

stanley1
24-10-11, 18:33
opentv 28.2 on crossepg, keeps saving to hdd, I have usb stick chosen in menu.

BadBoy
24-10-11, 21:40
Mine is all messed up today

Cougar
25-10-11, 13:07
ftp into box and delte where it is stored according to yr epg settings

Still no good, EPG is 'patchy'. nothing like it used to be.
Tried this on a UNO, SOLO,and duo with the same patchy results

Stanman
25-10-11, 14:22
Had a problem with myET9K yesterday when I did a manual update it froze at downloading titles but updated fine today when left to its own devices.

Cougar
27-10-11, 11:11
OK guys, some success at last.
Set EPG storage location as 'HDD', Selected XMLTV settings from the EPG plugin and selected 'RYTecUKTV' & 'SATMATEUK' as providers, and it seems to download information from the RYTEC URL.
It takes around 3 minutes and everything is back to how it was before with the 7 day listings.
One problem however, When I re-boot the box, all the EPG's virtually disappear and I have to download the EPG information again.
Anyone know a solution to this?

Rob van der Does
27-10-11, 13:50
The file epg.dat is written upon closing Enigma, and read when Enigma wakes up. As long as Enigma is alive all EPG-data is in memory. So deleting it is only possible if Enigma is stopped (so telnet "init 4" to stop E2, then remove the file, "init 3" to get E2 alive, then do an import.
The file epg.dat can easily become corrupted, and then cause all kinds of trouble.

GiP
28-10-11, 15:52
The file epg.dat is written upon closing Enigma, and read when Enigma wakes up. As long as Enigma is alive all EPG-data is in memory. So deleting it is only possible if Enigma is stopped (so telnet "init 4" to stop E2, then remove the file, "init 3" to get E2 alive, then do an import.
The file epg.dat can easily become corrupted, and then cause all kinds of trouble.

Yes, it happens and I still cannot believe that it's not possible to clear the database from within CrossEPG and you need to stop enigma to do that. Thanks to Andy's "Script runner" and a script I made it's easier now, but still....

I filed a request for this on the CrossEPG site but the answer was that it's not possible (no idea why not).

G

Rob van der Does
28-10-11, 17:13
..I filed a request for this on the CrossEPG site but the answer was that it's not possible (no idea why not).
Well, in fact this has nothing to do with Cross-EPG, but with the way Enigma handles EPG-data.
Once EPG-data is available they are all handled the same way, whatever the source (read from epg.dat, imported via internet, received from a transponder), and is in live-memory. And on stopping E2 (even when it crashes) all that data is written to the file epg.dat, from which it is read on E2-start. That's why you can only delete it when E2 is dead.

You could install the attached plugin and use it a.o. for deleting the epg-file via the GUI (short-blue PPanel --> several functions).