PDA

View Full Version : German HD channels

TG456XDR
24-10-11, 13:09
I have recently now bought my ET9000 which I am very happy about. Just trying to set everything up, come against a small problem regarding the free German HD channels - the likes of Das Erste, ZDF, Arte etc, not the HD+ channels.

The receiver has tuned them in OK and I seem to have a very good signal. I can hear the sound with breakages, but the picture all looks scrambled and pixellated. I've checked the frequency and everything else seems fine, has anyone else had this problem? Or are these channels not quite "free to air" as I thought they were? The only German channel I seem to have OK in HD is a test one from Einsfestival. The UK HD channels and other free HD channels on other satellites seem OK.

Cheers.

silverfox0786
24-10-11, 13:23
Yr dish might be slightly out

What's yr signal strengh

TG456XDR
24-10-11, 14:02
SNR on Das Erste and ZDF SD is about 87-88%. On the HD channels, it is 99% which I doubt is correct. This is on a 1m Gibertini dish. I can get HD channels on Freesat OK and also other satellites - TRT HD is fine on 42E for example, so I am not too sure it is a dish alignment problem.

silverfox0786
24-10-11, 14:17
Hmm that's abmystery to me then

digi247
24-10-11, 19:49
SNR on Das Erste and ZDF SD is about 87-88%. On the HD channels, it is 99% which I doubt is correct. This is on a 1m Gibertini dish. I can get HD channels on Freesat OK and also other satellites - TRT HD is fine on 42E for example, so I am not too sure it is a dish alignment problem.

Which Tuner is your dish connected to A or B would be wise to try either to see if its a Tuner problem.

TG456XDR
25-10-11, 18:34
It's resolved now! :cool:

I did a software update and reboot, and once that was done, all the German HD channels were completely fine!