PDA

View Full Version : Vu duo box how to watch on another tv

ipswich208
22-10-11, 22:29
Hi again I've got my main tv downstairs which I will have my new vu duo box was wondering if possible and the best way to watch on another tv upstairs if this is possible in anyway any advice woiuld be gratefully as I know the vu duo have no rf output so I'm unsure if any other way around it

basilyoung
22-10-11, 22:39
you could stream to the tv, via a comp/tv card

also scart lead is a possiblity

hifial
23-10-11, 07:22
You can add a rf modulator with ir repeating and you can run an aerial cable. You then use the remote in that room. It would only be sd quality however

Rob van der Does
23-10-11, 07:39
To watch TV in a comfortable way with a good picture quality one could very well use another box with the "Partnerbox"-plugin. This second box doesn't need to have a dish connected; a LAN-connection to the "main-box" and an HDMI-lead to the TV is sufficient. Watching recordings from the main box is identical to doing that on the mainbox itself; watching live-TV goes via the partnebox-plugin.
For this purpose the cheapest box accepting the partnerbox plugin will do. If you want to be able to watch HD-TV (-recordings) that box must obviously be HD-capable.

dfdream
23-10-11, 08:42
Scart or HDMI Video Sender or if you have or can run Cat5 use HDMI over single or double CAT5 Cables.

Sicilian
23-10-11, 08:55
This scart to RF modulator from sponsor works 100% http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Mercury/Mercury-Universal-RF-Video-Modulator-ILS102

cosie
23-10-11, 09:10
i use a rf modulator,works a treat,and with the dreamon app on iphone for channle change etc

Rob van der Does
23-10-11, 09:40
Depends of course on your wishes: using a RF-Modulator you are back in the analogue days regarding picture quality.
And of course the use of that requires the main-box to be not in use when using the client-box.

But it's a cheap solution.......

jonesi100
18-11-11, 02:15
I have just bought the Triax Tri-Link. It is basically a combined RF modulator (high quality) with Sky TvLink Plus functionality (plus 12v to power magic eyes). Give it a try. My only issue is that it doesn't support RGB scart, and it will only work if SCART is enabled as the output!!! Not sure what will happen when I switch over to HDMI