PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo Wizard Set Up

Sanjhere
22-10-11, 13:17
Hello All,

I got my VU+Solo box yesterday and messed up on the wizard settings .....

I thought I would try the "manual" set up.

All seemed okay but the box is scanning all the satellites, it has been scanning all night and is still going, at 42% now and has found 297 services .......

I did not want to restore the box to the "Factory Settings" as I thought this would get rid of the VIX Image that has been loaded..... am I right in thinking that?

Does it generally take a long long time for the Service Scan to complete?

I am very eager to start watching the TV but alas cannot .......

Rob van der Does
22-10-11, 14:55
Restore factory settings only resets all your settings, the ones you made yourself. The image will remain untouched.
It's best to scan satellite by satellite; scanning them all can indeed take ages. Of course also depending on what "all satellites" is in your case.
You can also use a ready to go settingslist from the feeds (applications --> green --> settings); once the tuner config is set correct, you will be ready to go.

Sanjhere
22-10-11, 20:32
Hello Rob, thank for replying.

My bad, I have the Uno not the Solo, I presume it is the same if I do factory reset, the image will not have to be flashed again.

I wondered why it was taking ages! I will let the scan continue as it has done most of it now and delete the satellites that have nothing on them.

Again, thank you.
Sanj

Stanman
22-10-11, 20:34
Factory reset is the same on all images and boxes, only removed anything you added after flash.

Rob van der Does
22-10-11, 20:39
Factory reset is the same on all images and boxes, only removed anything you added after flash.
Well, it only resets the settings to the default values; no added items will be removed.